Getting JET Back on Track Again : Rancho rockGEAR JL Wrangler Front & Rear Track Bars

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Super. I can’t wait to see it. Is Rancho one of the only aftermarket companies to offer trackbar replacements? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

No, there are others out there. In fact, we bought and were running a Rough Country prior to this and it helped for sure but not as much as this. We've been working with Rancho for a while now and they've been kind enough to help us out whenever we request to test products. So far, it's been working out great and I think you'll see it for yourself in our video.

NFRs2000NYC

Just a note, apparently, there is new trackbar out with an updated part number which MAY help solve the issue, if your dealer is willing to play ball and help you get a replacement. The updated part number is 68394087AA and it is reported to have stiffer bushings than the original bar with part number 68317849AA. If you have to pay for the new trackbar, then I'd probably go the aftermarket route, as Im sure the OEM one is still going to be hollow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note, apparently, there is new trackbar out with an updated part number which MAY help solve the issue, if your dealer is willing to play ball and help you get a replacement. The updated part number is 68394087AA and it is reported to have stiffer bushings than the original bar with part number 68317849AA. If you have to pay for the new trackbar, then I'd probably go the aftermarket route, as Im sure the OEM one is still going to be hollow.

Based on what I've seen, I somehow doubt it'll fix the problem or at least, completely. I could be imagining things but I swear, I could almost see the track bar flexing as well as the bushings shifting. The Rough Country track bar I bought was better but I was still seeing movement in the bushings and I was still feeling some wobble. I do NOT anymore with the Rancho track bar. Hoping that the new Synergy drag link and tie rod really seal the deal.

DavidDJL69

I agree that the dealer will probably try just about anything to get me to pay for a new trackbar, so aftermarket will most likely be the way to go. I’m not an expert by any means but I’m not sure how to compare a D2 bushings with say, a Johnny Joint that a couple other companies I just researched use. Is the D2 an all new bushing? Would you consider it superior to the JJ? If I have to spend $ I’d rather spend it on a product that will not only do the job but last awhile. Thanks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that the dealer will probably try just about anything to get me to pay for a new trackbar, so aftermarket will most likely be the way to go. I’m not an expert by any means but I’m not sure how to compare a D2 bushings with say, a Johnny Joint that a couple other companies I just researched use. Is the D2 an all new bushing? Would you consider it superior to the JJ? If I have to spend $ I’d rather spend it on a product that will not only do the job but last awhile. Thanks.

To be totally honest, it's just too soon to say for sure how these D2 joints will hold up. What I like about them is that unlike a Johnny Joint, they're completely service free. If you don't grease a Johnny Joint, it WILL squeak. Also, Johnny Joints are held together with retaining clips and that does open the door to blowing out. Not very common but the possibility does exist. With the D2, this shouldn't be an issue. So that it's clear, I've been a BIG fan of Johnny Joints and still prefer them but if these D2 joints are all that they're cracked up to be, they'd give JJ's a run for their money.

NFRs2000NYC

To be totally honest, it's just too soon to say for sure how these D2 joints will hold up. What I like about them is that unlike a Johnny Joint, they're completely service free. If you don't grease a Johnny Joint, it WILL squeak. Also, Johnny Joints are held together with retaining clips and that does open the door to blowing out. Not very common but the possibility does exist. With the D2, this shouldn't be an issue. So that it's clear, I've been a BIG fan of Johnny Joints and still prefer them but if these D2 joints are all that they're cracked up to be, they'd give JJ's a run for their money.

Correct me if Im wrong, but it looks like the D2 bushings also have retaining clips.....or is that only for the control arms? (got that from this video here)
https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-arm-and-track-bar-3-year-torture-test-review!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
From what I gather there are fair number of folks like me who are looking forward to your video on this issue. Thanks.

LOL!! Well, we should have a rear track bar video up this evening and the front will come out later this week. You won't hear much of anything different than what I've already stated but you will get to see for yourself the difference installing this track bar made for us.

Four Flusher

After coining the phrase "death wobble lite" lol, for my JLUR with Dynatrac 2" with KO2's in 315 you recommended drop brackets over adding front adjustable front LCA. It was a good suggestion and 90% of the wobble is gone. I do occasionally get a slight shimmy that I'd like to remove. Looks like adding a Rancho adjustable track bar might be the solution? I see your adding Synergy stuff also, since my rig's morphing into more of a road warrior, I'm wondering if I should consider that upgrade?

thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After coining the phrase "death wobble lite" lol, for my JLUR with Dynatrac 2" with KO2's in 315 you recommended drop brackets over adding front adjustable front LCA. It was a good suggestion and 90% of the wobble is gone. I do occasionally get a slight shimmy that I'd like to remove. Looks like adding a Rancho adjustable track bar might be the solution? I see your adding Synergy stuff also, since my rig's morphing into more of a road warrior, I'm wondering if I should consider that upgrade?

thanks

What I can tell you is that it made a big difference for us. Can't say for sure if it'll be the same for you or anyone else though. Our next video will cover this in detail.