Now they need some rock rash applied. They are way too shiny🤣
    His: 2015 JKUR

Hers: 2018 JLUR

Looking good!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Thanks Eddie. These are on my build list and excited to see the install and how they do on the trail.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hey. You saved a few bucks. You donít need the FAD skid now with the PR44JL.

Is interesting on the oil pan skid. I wonder if dealer oil service would be an issue.

Nice. I'm definitely in for the Engine/Transmission skids due to those transmission lines.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    They're definitely beefy and up to the task of protecting the engine, transmission and exhaust loop.

Hope to get it up soon.

It's a lot cleaner and simpler than what they had for the JK that's for sure.

It's funny because I'm actually not as fond of this new "open" system. I really would have preferred what they had for the JK and that was minimal skids that just protected what needed to be protected and nothing else. I've run skids like this on my TJ and hated the way it hung down so much lower and almost guaranteed that I'd hit it. Of course, I've never been a big fan of aftermarket skids and wouldn't have installed anything if it weren't for the lame transmission coolers just hanging down there to get ripped off by a renegade root or branch - something I have seen before.

As far as oil changes go, I ran a Fumoto valve on my TJ when running a similar skid and it worked well. At least you can hook up a hose to it and make for a really clean draining.
    Interesting, I have the evo jk skids on my rig, and since they bolt to the bottom of the frame rails, your photos make it look like the JL ones are tucked up higher but it might just be the angle of the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    Looks like a worthwhile addition.

Now they need some rock rash applied. They are way too shiny🤣
    LOL!! I know, need to get that fixed

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Looking good!
    Thanks! Been needing something to protect those cooler lines for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by Spack View Post
    Thanks Eddie. These are on my build list and excited to see the install and how they do on the trail.
    Oh, I can guarantee you that they'll get the job done and well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Hey. You saved a few bucks. You donít need the FAD skid now with the PR44JL.

Is interesting on the oil pan skid. I wonder if dealer oil service would be an issue.
    That's one way of looking at it

Shouldn't be an issue to change the oil being that you can easily get to the drain bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Nice. I'm definitely in for the Engine/Transmission skids due to those transmission lines.
    Yup, that was the biggest reason why we wanted it

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Interesting, I have the evo jk skids on my rig, and since they bolt to the bottom of the frame rails, your photos make it look like the JL ones are tucked up higher but it might just be the angle of the photo.
    We ran the EVO skids on our 2012 JK as well and you could be right, the ones for the JL might be a bit higher. I'll have to look back at some older photos to see.

Caught the Bug
    What about the bolt heads? One of mine is buggered up and now have to use the next socket size up..I imagine they would eventually become very difficult to remove.

A note for the manual transmission owners. We do not have the little crossmember that goes under the auto trans pan so we will be one bolt short. Evo asked me to send some pictures. I went to the hardware store and picked up the proper size bolt. The hole is already there and threaded so not a huge deal!

I circled the crossbar and the extra bolt we don’t have

EF83C900-0440-4C7C-9169-22FF85870FC6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    What about the bolt heads? One of mine is buggered up and now have to use the next socket size up..I imagine they would eventually become very difficult to remove.
    I've always just let my bolt heads get buggered up. If and when I need to remove them, I simply file down the sides and they're usable again. No big deal.

A note for the manual transmission owners. We do not have the little crossmember that goes under the auto trans pan so we will be one bolt short. Evo asked me to send some pictures. I went to the hardware store and picked up the proper size bolt. The hole is already there and threaded so not a huge deal!

I circled the crossbar and the extra bolt we donít have
    Honestly, if I still drove a manual, I wouldn't even bother installing something like this. Certainly, back when Moby was still a 6-speed, we never ran a skid. Hell, we still don't

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast