A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

sarapicos

Need assistance regarding the install

Good day -

I pulled the trigger and got the armor for the loop but... as I was doing the install and completed the battle with the alignment of the hole with the other EVO plate (over the oil pan), my bolt, the one on top of the one for the arm was too short... I mean, I managed to get the nut started but didn't feel like it would be long enough to accommodate the width of the EVO plate.

Has anybody else experienced this?

What is your suggestion?

I have watched Eddie's video a few times and I cannot see any mentions on this. How about the rest of you?

Life is good... staying home and wrenching

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good day -

I pulled the trigger and got the armor for the loop but... as I was doing the install and completed the battle with the alignment of the hole with the other EVO plate (over the oil pan), my bolt, the one on top of the one for the arm was too short... I mean, I managed to get the nut started but didn't feel like it would be long enough to accommodate the width of the EVO plate.

Has anybody else experienced this?

What is your suggestion?

I have watched Eddie's video a few times and I cannot see any mentions on this. How about the rest of you?

Life is good... staying home and wrenching

Just to make sure, you have all your other bolts loosely installed, correct? If so, I would think you could just crank it down and it's pull things together.