Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

  1. #41
    Caught the Bug Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    With the exception of the exhaust loop, I would think that this engine skid should work for a 2.0T as well.
    Ok. Ill try it. Thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

  2. #42
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Ok. Ill try it. Thanks.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Probably wouldn't hurt to call EVO first to verify as much but so far as I know, the motor mounts are the same and that's what the skid ties into.

  3. #43
    Caught the Bug Danny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Probably wouldn't hurt to call EVO first to verify as much but so far as I know, the motor mounts are the same and that's what the skid ties into.
    Good info. Just found out from Evo they don't have one for the 2.0T. Be they said I should call back in a few weeks.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

  4. #44
    Hooked BBDOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Murrieta CA
    Posts
    106
    Very cool. Thank you:-)


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  5. #45
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Chula Vista
    Posts
    10

    Need assistance regarding the install

    Good day -

    I pulled the trigger and got the armor for the loop but... as I was doing the install and completed the battle with the alignment of the hole with the other EVO plate (over the oil pan), my bolt, the one on top of the one for the arm was too short... I mean, I managed to get the nut started but didn't feel like it would be long enough to accommodate the width of the EVO plate.

    Has anybody else experienced this?

    What is your suggestion?

    I have watched Eddie's video a few times and I cannot see any mentions on this. How about the rest of you?

    Life is good... staying home and wrenching

  6. #46
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    7,563
    Quote Originally Posted by sarapicos View Post
    Good day -

    I pulled the trigger and got the armor for the loop but... as I was doing the install and completed the battle with the alignment of the hole with the other EVO plate (over the oil pan), my bolt, the one on top of the one for the arm was too short... I mean, I managed to get the nut started but didn't feel like it would be long enough to accommodate the width of the EVO plate.

    Has anybody else experienced this?

    What is your suggestion?

    I have watched Eddie's video a few times and I cannot see any mentions on this. How about the rest of you?

    Life is good... staying home and wrenching
    Just to make sure, you have all your other bolts loosely installed, correct? If so, I would think you could just crank it down and it's pull things together.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •