Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

A Bit of UNDER ARMOR for JET : EVO MFG JL Wrangler ProTek Skid Plates

Been crazy busy with various installs and making videos for everything but I thought I would take a moment and post up some pics of what we've been doing. First up, here are a few shots of the new EVO Manufacturing ProTek Engine/Transmission and Exhaust Loop Skid Plates that we just installed on JET Li - our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. Of course, we'll post up an installation video of this in the near future. Hope you like what you see

BUY EVO ProTek Skid Plates for your JL Wrangler
    EVO MFG JL Wrangler 3.6L Protek Engine / Transmission Skid Plate
    https://amzn.to/2U3LfjG

EVO MFG JL 3.6L Protek Exhaust Loop Skid Plate
    https://amzn.to/2YaZT89

Buying from the links above will help to support this forum and at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

These look awesome, are definitely on the list! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I need to get these ordered soon. Looking forward to an install video.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Good looking system.

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Awesome. Love the fact their system is "open" and doesn't encase all the hot components, Exactly what skids should be, nicely done. Will be curious to hear your opinion on oil changes with an access hole style skid, but I think maybe with a fumoto valve it can become relatively painless.

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Sweet. I can't wait for the video.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by benatc1 View Post
    These look awesome, are definitely on the list! Thanks for sharing!
    They're definitely beefy and up to the task of protecting the engine, transmission and exhaust loop.

Quote Originally Posted by TFD View Post
    I need to get these ordered soon. Looking forward to an install video.
    Hope to get it up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Good looking system.
    It's a lot cleaner and simpler than what they had for the JK that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    Awesome. Love the fact their system is "open" and doesn't encase all the hot components, Exactly what skids should be, nicely done. Will be curious to hear your opinion on oil changes with an access hole style skid, but I think maybe with a fumoto valve it can become relatively painless.
    It's funny because I'm actually not as fond of this new "open" system. I really would have preferred what they had for the JK and that was minimal skids that just protected what needed to be protected and nothing else. I've run skids like this on my TJ and hated the way it hung down so much lower and almost guaranteed that I'd hit it. Of course, I've never been a big fan of aftermarket skids and wouldn't have installed anything if it weren't for the lame transmission coolers just hanging down there to get ripped off by a renegade root or branch - something I have seen before.

As far as oil changes go, I ran a Fumoto valve on my TJ when running a similar skid and it worked well. At least you can hook up a hose to it and make for a really clean draining.

When the UPS guy brought the boxes in I was really surprised how big they were. But then again, there's really many better mounting points for a smaller one that would protect those lines. I've also managed to smash the shit out of the exhaust crossover already (Cozdude's fault ) so I'm kinda glad that's covered.

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    When the UPS guy brought the boxes in I was really surprised how big they were. But then again, there's really many better mounting points for a smaller one that would protect those lines. I've also managed to smash the shit out of the exhaust crossover already (Cozdude's fault ) so I'm kinda glad that's covered.
    LOL!! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have the protection, I just wish EVO would have made more effort to slim it down the way they did for the JK. Who knows, maybe making big broad overwhelming strokes is the only way to do it on a JL.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast