Bumper advice? Body guard?

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter
Okay another question. If I go with the full width destroyer rear bumper can the tire carrier be added later?

Is a tire carrier suggested for 37” or does the factory tail gate have enough @$$ to support it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Txhrns08,

Unfortunately no, our bumper tire carriers are built as a matched set. This means they are assembled in the jigs together to ensure everything is perfect between the carrier and the bumper before welding.

As for carrying a 37" tire, see Eddies post above. But you'll need a spare tire riser, which we can also provide along with adjustable isolators. Unless your running without a bumper. However our Destroyer Tire Carrier does give you the ability to add on with lots of options currently, and a few new ones coming out later this year.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man that sucks to hear. I’ve used a lot of their products from back half kits to Dana 60 truss to 4 link kits for yj’s and never had any issues. Bobby has always been super respectful and very helpful.
Makes you wonder though.

All I can say is that I didn't know them from Adam until they came on to my forum and just to cause trouble. It's all in there in the link and I can't make any of it up.

Kaseym

Banned
All I can say is that I didn't know them from Adam until they came on to my forum and just to cause trouble. It's all in there in the link and I can't make any of it up.

I read through it. Didn’t take long to not want to read anymore lol

Rgk401

FOR THE LOVE OF JEEP PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH METALCLOAK. I literally fought for about 3 hours by my self,then to find out that I couldn’t use my factor fog lights. I then was extremely pissed and call the god awful company and ask them WTF!!! I was told that I needed to buy additional parts to use my factory fog lights or I could use some Jeep jk fog lights. I was okey with the idea of using a set of Jeep jk fog lights but the website never told me anything about needing another bracket to make my jl fog lights work. Then I as the stupid SOB where can I find this bracket. HE SAID HE DIDN’T KNOW!!!!! After researching and trying different brackets I finally found one that will work!! Also THERE WAS NO PAPER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PUT TOGETHER THIS BUMPER,there was on line instructions but come one who the hell wants to hold a iPad and try to do a install at the same time.. I can’t even keep up with my 10mm socket.

Kaseym

Banned
FOR THE LOVE OF JEEP PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH METALCLOAK. I literally fought for about 3 hours by my self,then to find out that I couldn’t use my factor fog lights. I then was extremely pissed and call the god awful company and ask them WTF!!! I was told that I needed to buy additional parts to use my factory fog lights or I could use some Jeep jk fog lights. I was okey with the idea of using a set of Jeep jk fog lights but the website never told me anything about needing another bracket to make my jl fog lights work. Then I as the stupid SOB where can I find this bracket. HE SAID HE DIDN’T KNOW!!!!! After researching and trying different brackets I finally found one that will work!! Also THERE WAS NO PAPER INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PUT TOGETHER THIS BUMPER,there was on line instructions but come one who the hell wants to hold a iPad and try to do a install at the same time.. I can’t even keep up with my 10mm socket.

Those 10mm sockets are shop ninjas. Never know where they are or where they’re gonna pop up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Man, that sucks!

I don't know how LoD allows orders to come in but assuming you could just by the rear bumper, I'd think you'd need it to come with a spindle in order for you to add on a tire carrier at a later date.

Regarding a 37, yep, you can carry one on your tailgate and without doing any damage to it so long as you make sure to isolate the spare.

Ignorant here. Isolate the spare?