Bumper advice? Body guard?

Txhrns08

Looking for bumper advise.

I really have OCD and like my front and rear to match and even the sliders though this would be a future upgrade as my rubicon has factory.

I really like the look of the bodyguard anyone have to or can advice about the company? I want US made.

Bumper requirements: Stubby, small stinger/light bar, recessed which, factory fog lights. The rear i would love one with an intercepted hitch as my Jeep does not have one. Is a tire carrier required for future 37s?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly, to each their own when it comes to how parts look but if you want made in the USA, they claim all their parts are.

JTCO

Meme King
Never heard of them. I looked them up. I think they look horrible myself. Thank you for the warning.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow good start. Haha, if you have not heard of them that makes me Leary. The other company i was interested in was LoD?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LoD is a solid company and one that helps to make this forum possible. All their products are made in the USA and I've personally run a lot of their stuff over the last 20 years. I would highly recommend them.

JTCO

Meme King
Wow good start. Haha, if you have not heard of them that makes me Leary. The other company i was interested in was LoD?

Pretty happy with LoD quality and design. Our JK has their signature series sliders and front stubby bumper. We'll probably go with their stuff on our Gladiator as well.

justin mazzon

I've had very bad customer service with LOD. When I put a 5 gallon gas can on there carrier it snapped the carrier. They were no help what-so-ever. Seems like they made the sale and tough luck.

JTCO

Meme King
I've had very bad customer service with LOD. When I put a 5 gallon gas can on there carrier it snapped the carrier. They were no help what-so-ever. Seems like they made the sale and tough luck.

How did that happen? Never heard of such a thing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen it happen on their original design but I've never seen LoD say "tough luck" to anyone.

LoD Offroad

Advertiser
Supporter

Justin, sorry you had such a bad experience. It is our goal to try and make sure every customer is satisfied and happy with their purchase. Feel free to give us a call or PM with the details and we can try and look into it.

To everyone else, Thank You for the kind words! Its good to hear when we have happy customers!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay another question. If I go with the full width destroyer rear bumper can the tire carrier be added later?

Is a tire carrier suggested for 37” or does the factory tail gate have enough @$$ to support it.

I don't know how LoD allows orders to come in but assuming you could just by the rear bumper, I'd think you'd need it to come with a spindle in order for you to add on a tire carrier at a later date.

Regarding a 37, yep, you can carry one on your tailgate and without doing any damage to it so long as you make sure to isolate the spare.

Kaseym

Banned
Lod makes a great product along with motobilt. Personally and I say that with full meaning(me personally as in my opinion) like the looks of motobilt and just ordered their front stubby hammer bumper. If brave motorsports would hurry up and get a Jl rear bumper in production I would definitely order theirs. Best looking jk rear bumper out there.

JTCO

Meme King
Lod makes a great product along with motobilt. Personally and I say that with full meaning(me personally as in my opinion) like the looks of motobilt and just ordered their front stubby hammer bumper. If brave motorsports would hurry up and get a Jl rear bumper in production I would definitely order theirs. Best looking jk rear bumper out there.

I wouldn't touch Motobilt stuff myself but hope it works out for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

It's a shame Motobilt are such jackholes. Here's how they behaved on my other forum.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...-is-the-biggest-tool-in-the-industry-MOTOBILT