I wish I had bought a rubicon

Monarch490

So I bought a Sahara last year and a few months later I kicked myself for not buying a rubicon. I’m so sad.IMG_0384.JPG[ATTACIMG_0371.JPG

Last edited:

Rgk401

I bought a base model sport because just like the last Jeep I’ll swap axles and tcase so what’s the point on buying a rubicon. I paid 28k for a base model 2 door sport with automatic transmission,without power windows and soft top. I’m upgrading to the PRO ROCK 44 front and rear when the rear comes available. Looking at around 10k but it’s worth the money. My buddy spent 54k on a 2 door rubicon,I know can build my 28k sport better and cheaper than a rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Monarch490

I bought a base model sport because just like the last Jeep I’ll swap axles and tcase so what’s the point on buying a rubicon. I paid 28k for a base model 2 door sport with automatic transmission,without power windows and soft top. I’m upgrading to the PRO ROCK 44 front and rear when the rear comes available. Looking at around 10k but it’s worth the money. My buddy spent 54k on a 2 door rubicon,I know can build my 28k sport better and cheaper than a rubicon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

That’s what I’m thinking, I paid 37000 for mine. It’s my first Jeep and I love it.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GrayBeard

This is my last Jeep........so says my wife. So, she said I could get what I wanted. I bought my first Rubicon, 2018 JLUR and have not one regret.

In 40 years of owning Jeeps, I never owned a Rubi and never fully understood what I was missing. They are awesome in my opinion. However, with that said I also enjoyed building my other Jeeps. If you want to build, don't buy a Rubi, buy cheap and spend that extra on upgraded parts.

I admit, I have upgraded the Rubi some[emoji6]. But nothing major as the moderate to moderate+ wheeling we do, the Rubi is awesome.

Now, if I break something and warranty doesn't cover it, then upgrade we I will[emoji106]

Most importantly, have fin with what ever you buy and enjoy it, you will be surprised how great it is off the show room floor, no matter which model you buy

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Made that mistake when I got my first JKU in 2012. Rectified it in 2014 with a JKUR, only lost $2300 on the trade in after 2 years and 23000 miles. My advice, dump the sahara and get the rig you really wanted.

Crusifix

My last wrangler was a 2011 Sahara, and it was fantastic once I finished it. However, I do love my current 2019 Rubicon.

Monarch490

This is my last Jeep........so says my wife. So, she said I could get what I wanted. I bought my first Rubicon, 2018 JLUR and have not one regret.

In 40 years of owning Jeeps, I never owned a Rubi and never fully understood what I was missing. They are awesome in my opinion. However, with that said I also enjoyed building my other Jeeps. If you want to build, don't buy a Rubi, buy cheap and spend that extra on upgraded parts.

I admit, I have upgraded the Rubi some[emoji6]. But nothing major as the moderate to moderate+ wheeling we do, the Rubi is awesome.

Now, if I break something and warranty doesn't cover it, then upgrade we I will[emoji106]

Most importantly, have fin with what ever you buy and enjoy it, you will be surprised how great it is off the show room floor, no matter which model you buy

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Is been pretty good

Jrip

Still Looks Good!

My first jeep was a 2014 JKU sport and I loved installing aftermarket stuff to it and through that process I became a jeep fanatic. I love reading about them, watching videos (especially @wayoflife), and working on them. I have learned a ton of stuff from this particular forum as well! With that being said, I just recently bought a 2018 JLUR and I really love it but it was expensive so the few upgrades I plan to do will not happen quite as fast as my jku...I did bite the bullet on a few already and I am loving them but your Sahara also looks good already. I'm not sure what you are lacking to make it more like a rubicon but there are so many companies producing aftermarket parts for these that you can get pretty close in many areas and make it even better in others. Eddie's videos are a great way to figure out how to do many of the upgrades as well!

Have FUN with it!!

Monarch490

My first jeep was a 2014 JKU sport and I loved installing aftermarket stuff to it and through that process I became a jeep fanatic. I love reading about them, watching videos (especially @wayoflife), and working on them. I have learned a ton of stuff from this particular forum as well! With that being said, I just recently bought a 2018 JLUR and I really love it but it was expensive so the few upgrades I plan to do will not happen quite as fast as my jku...I did bite the bullet on a few already and I am loving them but your Sahara also looks good already. I'm not sure what you are lacking to make it more like a rubicon but there are so many companies producing aftermarket parts for these that you can get pretty close in many areas and make it even better in others. Eddie's videos are a great way to figure out how to do many of the upgrades as well!

Have FUN with it!!