JL JOURNAL : New Door Features - Check Straps / Removal Handle / Pins

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soon after the official reveal of the all new Jeep JL Wrangler at the 2017 LA Auto Show, I got a chance to talk to my good friend Tony Carvallo, the product planning manger for Wrangler and he gave me a run down of all the cool new features the JL hard doors now have. Check it out.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
They put a ton of thought into this jeep! Those little features with the longer pin, door handle holder and preventing cowl damage is huge?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I know right?! Fortunately, these guys are just as into Jeeps as we are and so they really wanted to fix and make things right on the JL :yup:

That wasn’t meant to be a question either lol. Guess I got a little too happy and hit the wrong button.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Jeeeep

they have been paying attention to all the aftermarket parts that should be a part of the Jeep off the assembly line, this is awesome!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Really a lot of thought as Overlanderjk said!! The handle to make carrying it easier, the check strap that doesn’t need to be bolted back up all the time you put the doors back on, the easy lever for the electrical connector, and the longer pins are amazing!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No shit, that’s very nice features. Like why did they wait until the JL to have them??

So that you'd want to sell your JK and get a JL :yup: :D

Really a lot of thought as Overlanderjk said!! The handle to make carrying it easier, the check strap that doesn’t need to be bolted back up all the time you put the doors back on, the easy lever for the electrical connector, and the longer pins are amazing!!

It really is all attention to detail that I love so much about the JL. Just goes to show how much the guys there LOVE the Wrangler :yup:

The engineers really went over everything. This is a refined JK!

And, I don't have a problem with that at all :cool: