Dover, Delaware St. Patty's Day Parade

Mud Bug

My jeep club (Southern Delaware Jeep Club) did the Dover St. Patrick's Day Parade. We were allowed 14 Jeeps in the parade, so of course we had 15...
Some photos of our JLs in the event :)
My husband in his Hella Yella Rubicon and me (and our son) in the Sting Gray JLU Sahara loaner while my Mojito! is away

dover parade 1.jpg

dover parade 2.jpg

dover parade 3.jpg

dover parade 4.jpg

dover parade 4.5.jpg

dover parade 5.jpg

dover parade 6.jpg

I admit, I am loving the soft top on this.. wishing I had gotten at least the dual top group because I still love having the hard top in the winter. Now I have to order a soft top for sure.. if my Mojito! ever comes back to me.

Mud Bug

Looks good. We run our soft top here year round in Colorado. No regrets.

I have never owned a soft top Jeep, and I went into it with a bias based on things I had heard or seen (but not experienced personally). I always thought hard tops were better because it was too easy to break into a soft top, the windows scratch up easily on the soft top, more moving parts to get damaged, the windows breaking in the winter (which someone in my jeep club did have happen this winter, but on their JK and not a JL). My sister has always had soft top JK's and she was telling me "omg the windows scratch so you can't just toss them in the back if you suddenly want to put the top down... (I layered bath towels between my windows for the parade), and they yellow with age.. " So I was pretty determined to have a hard top. I did not order my Jeep, or I honestly would have ordered dual top group because I liked the idea of being able to toss the top back up quickly in case of rain. After having this soft top for a couple of days, and one of them was nice enough to have the top down.. I am really loving it. So.. if my part does not come in for my Mojito jeep on March 22, I may be forced to get a new jeep and I may look into the dual top or just have only the soft top so I don't have to worry about storing the hard top.

JTCO

Meme King
I have never owned a soft top Jeep, and I went into it with a bias based on things I had heard or seen (but not experienced personally). I always thought hard tops were better because it was too easy to break into a soft top, the windows scratch up easily on the soft top, more moving parts to get damaged, the windows breaking in the winter (which someone in my jeep club did have happen this winter, but on their JK and not a JL). My sister has always had soft top JK's and she was telling me "omg the windows scratch so you can't just toss them in the back if you suddenly want to put the top down... (I layered bath towels between my windows for the parade), and they yellow with age.. " So I was pretty determined to have a hard top. I did not order my Jeep, or I honestly would have ordered dual top group because I liked the idea of being able to toss the top back up quickly in case of rain. After having this soft top for a couple of days, and one of them was nice enough to have the top down.. I am really loving it. So.. if my part does not come in for my Mojito jeep on March 22, I may be forced to get a new jeep and I may look into the dual top or just have only the soft top so I don't have to worry about storing the hard top.

We've never had any of these issues. Only issue we've had with the windows is that when they're dirty and it's sunny out, you literally can't see a damn thing out of them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pics of what looks like a good time! Thanks for posting them :)

I think our JL is the first Jeep we've bought where we've decided to keep our hard top. All our other Jeeps, we sold our hard tops and just ran a soft top, Trektop or no top. :yup: