Thread: Vibration

Fresh Catch

Vibration

Hey Eddie or anyone that might help. I have a JLUR and noticed a vibration on the highway today, it only happens between 62-68 mph was hoping someone might have any suggestions to what is causing it.. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Is it constant or does it oscillate? Is it slight and more of a buzzing or something more significant? Can you feel it throughout the Jeep like in your seat or at your feet or just at the steering wheel? A bit more info would be helpful.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Is it constant or does it oscillate? Is it slight and more of a buzzing or something more significant? Can you feel it throughout the Jeep like in your seat or at your feet or just at the steering wheel? A bit more info would be helpful.
    Thank you Eddie for reply, yes it oscillates and has a buzz to it. Feel it throughout Jeep, wheel and seat. You hit every symptom.. if I hold speed at 63 seems louder. It has 2300 miles on it and havenít engaged lockers or 4hi or low yet if that means anything..

Fresh Catch
    Hey Eddie, Great overland video, would like to have that kind of wheeling here on Long Island.. do you have any ideas where I might begin with the issue Iím having above.? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JL54 View Post
    Thank you Eddie for reply, yes it oscillates and has a buzz to it. Feel it throughout Jeep, wheel and seat. You hit every symptom.. if I hold speed at 63 seems louder. It has 2300 miles on it and havenít engaged lockers or 4hi or low yet if that means anything..
    Sorry for not seeing this sooner. Sounds like you have a drive shaft that is out of balance. Have you recently regeared to something like 5.13 and/or are now running u-joint style drive shafts?

Fresh Catch
    No Eddie, completely stock and only 2300 miles.. just think itís odd having this issue, got it from dealer with 40 miles on it. Wouldnít be out of balance tire?

Quote Originally Posted by JL54 View Post
    No Eddie, completely stock and only 2300 miles.. just think itís odd having this issue, got it from dealer with 40 miles on it. Wouldnít be out of balance tire?

A tire out of balance usually shows up as a steering wheel shimmy or possibly a vibration but it's usually continuous, not oscillating. Have you always had this vibration since the day you got your Jeep? If so, I would take it to your dealership and let them know. Could just be you have a shaft out of balance or a weight has gotten knocked off of it.

Fresh Catch
    Ok will do, thank you for the help..