Looking for info on the KMC 228 Machete Desert wheels

JeepJL

I current have the 229 Machete wheels and would like something with less backspacing and really like the 228s. Does anyone know if they have 2 valve stem holes in the wheels? Can you get centered caps for them and any reason the 4.75bs wouldn’t work with 37” tires and 3.5” lift? There’s not a lot of information out there on them.

The ones I’m looking at
IMG_4178.JPG

What I’m currently running
Image1552655793.457332.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JeepJL

did you get this wheel?

I'm also contemplating getting them

No I haven’t yet, you can see the amount of responses I got with my post for info. [emoji4] still trying to find out info on them. I was told by a dealer that there are none available at this time. Almost like maybe they stopped making that model. Not sure, I gotta dig deeper. If you haven’t bought wheels yet I’d recommend not going 3.5”bs on the JL rubicon.

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
The 228 version does not have dual valve holes per the manufacturer.

The 4.75" backspace works great and inventory is available! If we can help you with a set please let us know :thumb:

HumbleJeep42

The 228 version does not have dual valve holes per the manufacturer.

The 4.75" backspace works great and inventory is available! If we can help you with a set please let us know :thumb:

Can I buy KMC beadlocks through Discount Tire?
Does Discount Tire mount and balance beadlocks?
-Chris

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Can I buy KMC beadlocks through Discount Tire?
Does Discount Tire mount and balance beadlocks?
-Chris

Hi, Chris-

We do not service beadlock assemblies but your local Discount Tire as well as Discount Tire Direct can order KMC beadlock wheels for you :thumb:

SLO

I current have the 229 Machete wheels and would like something with less backspacing and really like the 228s. Does anyone know if they have 2 valve stem holes in the wheels? Can you get centered caps for them and any reason the 4.75bs wouldn’t work with 37” tires and 3.5” lift? There’s not a lot of information out there on them.

The ones I’m looking at

What I’m currently running

I am running the 228's on my JK and thinking about putting them on my JL as well. The 4.75" backspace on the JL is a great offset. They only have one valve stem but I'm really glad that they didn't have a second as I was able to drill my own and install a Monster Valve from Power Tank. The 229 can bee threaded to take the Monster Valve unless they still sell the version with the backing nut. I bought them in the machined finish and powder coated the wheel (minus the rings) black.

I'm in Wilsonville. Not sure where in Oregon you are but if you are close, I can help you with drilling a second valve stem hole.

IMG_0673.jpg

JeepJL

I am running the 228's on my JK and thinking about putting them on my JL as well. The 4.75" backspace on the JL is a great offset. They only have one valve stem but I'm really glad that they didn't have a second as I was able to drill my own and install a Monster Valve from Power Tank. The 229 can bee threaded to take the Monster Valve unless they still sell the version with the backing nut. I bought them in the machined finish and powder coated the wheel (minus the rings) black.

I'm in Wilsonville. Not sure where in Oregon you are but if you are close, I can help you with drilling a second valve stem hole.

View attachment 11153

I’m still running the 229s right now. The monster valves sound nice. I’m in Bend, not too far away. [emoji1360]