Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Getting Your JL Wrangler to Work After an FAD Delete Using a Tazer

  1. #11
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    wow, the FAD seems to be a real PIA but good the aftermarket is trying to get it handled.

    Why can't the existing locker switch be used on a new axle? is it only an issue with ARB or an issue with any aftermarket locker?
    The link WJCO posted ^^^^ explains things well.

    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Cool video. Hopefully Tazer can fix the light on the dash sooner rather than later.

    And I see no snow so. Guess itís time to head over the hill soon.
    Still a ton of snow up the hill but things cleared out nicely down here

    Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    It will be cool if Joe or someone can up up with a plug that will run an ARB locker selenoid and satisfy the computer and allow the use of factory switches. Plus get rid of the stupid ďidiotĒ light.

    Good to know info.....if I ever get a prorock.
    I have little doubt that a fix can be made to get the light off the EVIC but getting the locker to work off the factory switch may take a bit more effort.

  2. #12
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    431
    Good video. First time I watched anything in the tazer. Interested to see what changes the JT will bring


    2019 MP
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

  3. #13
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Good video. First time I watched anything in the tazer. Interested to see what changes the JT will bring


    2019 MP
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1
    So far as I've seen and can tell, the JT should be pretty much the same in terms of how it works electronically. A Tazer or something like it would be nice to have for sure.

  4. #14
    Moderator Piginajeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Bear Valley Springs, CAM
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So far as I've seen and can tell, the JT should be pretty much the same in terms of how it works electronically. A Tazer or something like it would be nice to have for sure.
    Iím curious if we will be able to hack the forward trail camera


    2019 MP
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170
    1954 M38A1

  5. #15
    Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Iím curious if we will be able to hack the forward trail camera
    What would you like to do with it once you hack it? You can add a forward camera to the JL, using the Tazer to activate it... although it is labeled as a cargo camera rather than forward. For those interested, Tazer does offer a forward camera kit for JLs that attaches to the grill insert.

    Screenshot_20190315-181742_Chrome.jpg

    Screenshot_20190315-181827_Chrome.jpg

  6. #16
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    6,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Piginajeep View Post
    Iím curious if we will be able to hack the forward trail camera
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    What would you like to do with it once you hack it? You can add a forward camera to the JL, using the Tazer to activate it... although it is labeled as a cargo camera rather than forward. For those interested, Tazer does offer a forward camera kit for JLs that attaches to the grill insert.
    Yup, what he said ^^^^^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •