MOPAR 2" lift spring isolators

cboys.fan

I recently purchased and installed the MOPAR 2" lift.

I went with this lift due to factory warranty.

I did my research and read all about the front spring bowing. I understand the newer lift kits are supposedly coming with the correct/updated spring isolator to correct this issue. However my springs still have an outward bow to them.

I called Jeep, they advised the new isolators part numbers are # 68427380AA and 68342250AC.

Everything thing I have read states the new isolators are grey in color. The ones that came with my kit are black. The installation instructions list the isolators with the correct part number # 68427380AA and 68342250AC. However I failed to check the part number on the actual isolators.

Has anyone else installed this lift and double checked the color/part number of the isolators ? I would like to figure out if the new/correct isolators are also coming in black or just the grey color as stated in most vlogs/forums.

I'm thinking of just ordering the new ones for 20 bucks for a piece of mind, but would like any feedback reference this issue.

Thanks in advance, DG

offcamber

Mopar springs bow but they weren't designed to do it no matter what Jeep says. The spring pads are poorly designed and the springs are a softer rate which lends to the bowing somewhat. After a few wheeling trips my factory spring pads were collapsing to the outside and my factory springs were starting to bow. I got a killer deal on the Mopar lift for $800 and thats the only reason I went with it because it's incomplete from the factory. I ditched the spring perches that came with my kit (they were grey not black - the factory equipped pads were black). The kid I got had the updated pads, but for $30 I used the RockKrawler pads. No bowing at all with those. I have 15,000 miles and about 15 wheeling trips on the Mopar kit (with RK adjustable trackbars and LCA's and spring pads. My coils are perfectly straight. I know folks with the factory pads and now their coils are rubbing on the upper bump stops.

cboys.fan

Thanks

Thanks for the feed back, I went ahead and ordered the new Mopar isolators. I saw the video of Jeep saying they are suppose to bow, however not a fan of it and its already rubbing against the bump stop in a tight turn.

I'm gonna replace the isolators when they get here and see if it corrects the problem, if not I will look at other isolators as as offcamber stated.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted

Johnboy

Mopar lift springs

I just put this on JLU and need the Rock Krawler isolators with front and rear track bars. No bow at all. Great ride. 35ko2s

cboys.fan

follow up

So today we took our Jeep out to the Four Peaks Wilderness. Was the first off road trip with the new Mopar lift and the NEW Mopar spring isolators I ordered seprately from the ones that came with the lift.

Was a great day trip, The trail is rated moderate. We had a great time playing on different trail obstacles and enjoying the scenery. I will post a few pictures in a few.

So,,,, even with the new isolators that were suppose to fix the spring bowing issue, the driver side spring is still bowed. I feel Jeep is FOS, when they say some bowing is normal. The entire trip I could hear the spring hitting the side of the top Bump stop. It very upsetting that I spent the money on this lift expecting it to be fit perfect being from MOPAR.

I'm gonna take offcamber's advise and now order the rockKrawler isolators and keep my fingers crossed that it fixes the problem. I just hope the spring is not damaged at this point. Very disappointed with this spring issue.

I figured I would give ya all an update since you were all kind enough to offer your help/opinion.

P.S I was happy with the rest of the lift performance.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So today we took our Jeep out to the Four Peaks Wilderness. Was the first off road trip with the new Mopar lift and the NEW Mopar spring isolators I ordered seprately from the ones that came with the lift.

Was a great day trip, The trail is rated moderate. We had a great time playing on different trail obstacles and enjoying the scenery. I will post a few pictures in a few.

So,,,, even with the new isolators that were suppose to fix the spring bowing issue, the driver side spring is still bowed. I feel Jeep is FOS, when they say some bowing is normal. The entire trip I could hear the spring hitting the side of the top Bump stop. It very upsetting that I spent the money on this lift expecting it to be fit perfect being from MOPAR.

I'm gonna take offcamber's advise and now order the rockKrawler isolators and keep my fingers crossed that it fixes the problem. I just hope the spring is not damaged at this point. Very disappointed with this spring issue.

I figured I would give ya all an update since you were all kind enough to offer your help/opinion.

P.S I was happy with the rest of the lift performance.
Hopefully you get things sorted out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

darrenroos

I have heard some say that only the driver's side needs the new redesigned MOPAR spring isolator (part #68427380AA). Can anyone confirm or correct that statement?