Still no Jeep .. 41 Days and counting

Wranglerman

Glad things are coming to a close and hopefully no issues with the new ride, you sir have been more patient than I could have ever been.

Mud Bug

They are saying 2 more weeks to do all the papers and things. Well.. 2 weeks was the fastest this guy has ever done a swap before, he says. I sent him my purchase agreement, and my current registration... and now I step back (again) and let them work out the papers. I have selected my replacement Jeep (there was a small issue with the Jeep I chose, but the dealership is fixing it for me) and all I can do is wait to be told when I need to go down for the inspection of my returning Jeep (to ensure I didn't mess it all up or wreck it) and take possession of the replacement. The only possible (unlikely) glitch right now is if my finance company refuses to do the collateral swap. Fingers crossed.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I’m surprised you still haven’t gotten it back yet! What dealer are you working with? It isn’t IG burton is it?

Mud Bug

I’m surprised you still haven’t gotten it back yet! What dealer are you working with? It isn’t IG burton is it?

Yeah, IG Burton but down in Berlin, MD. The dealership isn't the problem. I can't blame them for the manufacturer of the part never shipping it. They have been very accommodating to me and giving me everything I need and want.

Mud Bug

Let me add that there *were* a couple of times where I felt like the dealership was not responding fast enough. I feel like it was my frustration getting the better of me. We are all human, and they did call me later and apologize. They said they were trying to get answers and they were trying not to have to keep calling me to say they still don't have anything new to tell me.

But now.. I am getting a brand new Jeep, with a few goodies.. as soon as the 3rd party buyback people finish their paperwork. I go back to the dealership to have the inspection of my old Jeep and then swap it for the new one.

Mud Bug

So Day 6 (if you include day of first contact) of my buy back and I get the email from Stericycle, informing me that he is following up because he cannot start to process my buy back until I have picked out a vehicle. I had a moment... then I emailed him back, asking him if he remembered our conversation last week, Thursday? He told me I had to modify my chosen Jeep to raise the MSRP. The dealership is installing Mopar accessories and parts and says they raised the MSRP to be $100 less than MSRP of my stock Rubicon. I thought this was all taken care of that same day. He emailed back to say as of today, he has yet to receive any paperwork from the dealership. Sigh.

So I called the dealership. Spoke to the GM. He was shocked, claims he also thought it was taken care of last week because he knows the sales manager has my paperwork. Says he will find out what is going on. :rolleyes2:

Mud Bug

Why have you not gotten a lawyer yet?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Well to be honest, I wanted to go the easiest path with least conflict. The buyback company is great, so far. He responds to my emails within minutes and offers me advice and solutions.. we are both just waiting on the slow sales manager who, according to my sales person, is great at procrastinating and is slow to file his paperwork.

My main reasons for not lawyering up are the cost, and the fact that this will prolong the buyback by months. Stericycle will stop talking to me and pass me along to their lawyers, and it will be all lawyers talking to lawyers, but get in line with everyone else and their lawyers. Honestly, if the dealership was on the ball, I would be in my new Jeep this week. If you google this situation up, you can see the folks who got lawyers involved are settling in 6-8 ,months... those without lawyers settle in 3-6 weeks. I did not file an official lemon law, just doing a jeep swap once the dealership submits their paperwork.

I suspect the hold-up could be the mods I requested to bump up my MSRP. I asked for 37" tires, and last I heard from my sales person (who just told me she was informed by the slow manager that she is no longer working on my buyback, she needs to just sell her jeeps) that there was some dispute over whether the 37" Nitto would fit on the stock wheels or not. Parts/Service guys say they will, the slow sale manager says they will not... I offered to order aftermarket wheels and pay for those out of pocket to speed this along. Have not heard from the sales manager about this.