Still no Jeep .. 41 Days and counting

NFRs2000NYC

We had our yellow jeep getting a windshield replaced and when I picked it up on March 15, I briefly spoke to a service tech who was passing by. I asked if the part had come in since I was given March 15-22 as dates and that day was the 15th. He kind of chuckled and said that he would be greatly surprised if this part comes in before the 22nd.

So I am currently waiting until the 22nd and then back to Jeep Wave I go to find out my alternative options in my case.

The buy-back.. I never got a call back from the Chrysler rep, plus was told by the dealership that the buyback process takes literally months to do that from start to finish.

A direct swap (for the exact same jeep, color, and options already on their lot) I was told by Jeep Wave they do not do/authorize. That is a dealership level thing. The dealership told me they would not trade because I would lose money on it. It would be treated just like I was bringing in my "old" jeep to do a regular trade/purchase of a new jeep... needing a down payment, loss of value on my old jeep, and another credit check for financing the next jeep. My husband and I are adamant that we will not lose money on this, or need to pay out of pocket for anything.

I do have a loaner, so I do have a wrangler to drive.. plus if Jeep Wave follows through with reimbursing me my payments I don't feel as if I am losing anything. (I said *if* they follow through because I tend to not believe things until they happen. But I AM making sure I am emailing Jeep Wave so their responses are in writing and not just phone/verbal promises I might not be able to prove)

But for now... I am driving a JL for "free" (again, dependent upon payment reimbursement). I am just not willing to wait 2 or 3 additional months to resolve this.

I don’t know why you’re putting up with this. Send an email to your Jeep contact and the general manager of the dealership that if within 24 hours you’re not sitting in a direct replacement vehicle, you are going to lemon it. Manufacturers do not like to have their vehicles lemoned as it goes on their record, drops their reliability ratings, bad for publicity, etc. It is also costly for them. Stop asking them what the next step is and start telling them.

Jeeeep

And I did email Jeep Wave again today. I let him know this is my last push-back of the dates and he needs to have other solutions/options for me if this part does not come in by/on March 22, or lemon law it is.

March 22 = 51 consecutive days in the shop

Contact your state's AG and see if they'll make a "friendly" inquire to the status.

Sometimes they will make a courtesy inquire into a situation, nothing like a call from the AG's office to get things moving along - this or your local consumer news reporter.

For the dealership to say you would lose money on a trade is bullshit since it's been in their shop so long.

As mentioned earlier, dealerships do not want bad publicity or lose ratings, sometimes you need to turn the screws on them, time to stop being so damn nice!! lol

Mud Bug

I know you guys are right. I need to put my foot down. Unfortunately, it is my nature to be nice. I dislike conflict and I especially dislike thinking that someone else's life will be more difficult because of my actions or decisions. But you are right. I need to put on my big girl panties and draw my line. I do want to see what Jeep Wave responds to me today and then I will lay out my response. The dealership has nearly the exact same Rubicon on their lot. Same year, engine, transmission, color, and options. The difference is theirs has a steel bumper and mine did not. But maybe at this point I deserve a free steel bumper.

NFRs2000NYC

I know you guys are right. I need to put my foot down. Unfortunately, it is my nature to be nice. I dislike conflict and I especially dislike thinking that someone else's life will be more difficult because of my actions or decisions. But you are right. I need to put on my big girl panties and draw my line. I do want to see what Jeep Wave responds to me today and then I will lay out my response. The dealership has nearly the exact same Rubicon on their lot. Same year, engine, transmission, color, and options. The difference is theirs has a steel bumper and mine did not. But maybe at this point I deserve a free steel bumper.

If it were me, I’d tell them I’m going to lemon it unless I get the replacement rubi with the bumpers along with a 120k maxcare on the new Jeep for my headache.

Mud Bug

Jeep Wave emailed me and said they can only handle the reimbursement of my payments and additional service contracts. He says he "escalated" (I think they love using that word) my case to their resolution department. He says "Ideally they will take your case if there is any assistance they can provide, if not we will continue to try to work with."

like wth. Work with who? The email was cut off. And based on the lack of capitalization and the way it was worded, I am almost convinced I am speaking to someone else and not the original person I was working with at Jeep Wave. I realized that no one signed a name to these emails.

Right now I am waiting until the 22nd because that is only 2 more days and if the part comes in, I am happy to get my jeep back. After that, husband says he is stepping in (he does the hard work for me lol)

And as for the direct trade, I am thinking instead of the 2019 steel bumper, I should get the 2018 on their lot that has the steel bumper, and the dual top group, and the trailer/tow package that I do not have ;)

dixonk

Jeep Wave emailed me and said they can only handle the reimbursement of my payments and additional service contracts. He says he "escalated" (I think they love using that word) my case to their resolution department. He says "Ideally they will take your case if there is any assistance they can provide, if not we will continue to try to work with."

like wth. Work with who? The email was cut off. And based on the lack of capitalization and the way it was worded, I am almost convinced I am speaking to someone else and not the original person I was working with at Jeep Wave. I realized that no one signed a name to these emails.

Right now I am waiting until the 22nd because that is only 2 more days and if the part comes in, I am happy to get my jeep back. After that, husband says he is stepping in (he does the hard work for me lol)

And as for the direct trade, I am thinking instead of the 2019 steel bumper, I should get the 2018 on their lot that has the steel bumper, and the dual top group, and the trailer/tow package that I do not have ;)

Surely if the part is only 2 days away someone would have a tracking number for it.

Jeeeep

Surely if the part is only 2 days away someone would have a tracking number for it.

This - the dealer should be able to provide tracking information. you have to push on them to get them to cough it up but they have that info.

Jeep Wave person you're dealing with should also be able to provide you with tracking information.

They've really taken you for a ride on this... :doh:

Mud Bug

I am waiting for the dealership to open for the day (in about 10 minutes) and calling about the part. If they don't have it, I am demanding a direct, even steven trade for the same 2019 Mojito! Rubicon on their lot (and hopefully it does not have the same cluster issue or I might be back next winter.. and it will still be within my 12-month lemon law for my state!) with the steel bumper.

JTCO

Meme King
I am waiting for the dealership to open for the day (in about 10 minutes) and calling about the part. If they don't have it, I am demanding a direct, even steven trade for the same 2019 Mojito! Rubicon on their lot (and hopefully it does not have the same cluster issue or I might be back next winter.. and it will still be within my 12-month lemon law for my state!) with the steel bumper.

Good luck. Hope it works out well.

Mud Bug

The Jeep service department did not answer, and I did not leave a voicemail (because they NEVER call you back when you leave a voicemail.) I asked for the general manager, Wayne. He has no idea if my part came in, he is going to go check and will call me back. :rolleyes2:

Mud Bug

Thanks, but nothing happened today. I called at 8:30 (as soon as they opened). The service department did not answer so I spoke to a manager of some sort. He said he would check and call me back. That never happened. I called him around 2pm and was told he is in meetings and unavailable.

Then the resolution person from Jeep called me. They are reviewing my case over the weekend and will call me back on Monday to see what we can do. I am going to push for just a trade out of the jeep if I can.

Jeeeep

damn, that would have me at the dealership borderline getting arrested for yelling at the service manager and GM about their response and overall lack of truly trying to get the issue resolved.

you should call your local news station consumer affairs person, they love these kind of stories and dealerships absolutely hate the attention...

smokinjeep

Wow. Just wow. I would go to the dealership and say: here’s what I’m going to do. First I’m calling all news stations locally and see if they want to run a story on your dealership. Then I’m contacting an Attorney to sue you for all the time I’ve wasted on this. Then I’m contacting the AG an perusing the lemon law. Finally I’m going to hire an illegal to hold a sign saying “do not buy your Jeep here. They screwed me.” He will also he passing out fliers explaining exactly what’s happened and how your dealership handled it. I will do all this unless you trade me my POS for the green one. Now, do you really want me to walk out of this showroom?

benatc1

Wow. Just wow. I would go to the dealership and say: here’s what I’m going to do. First I’m calling all news stations locally and see if they want to run a story on your dealership. Then I’m contacting an Attorney to sue you for all the time I’ve wasted on this. Then I’m contacting the AG an perusing the lemon law. Finally I’m going to hire an illegal to hold a sign saying “do not buy your Jeep here. They screwed me.” He will also he passing out fliers explaining exactly what’s happened and how your dealership handled it. I will do all this unless you trade me my POS for the green one. Now, do you really want me to walk out of this showroom?
I like this plan

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Mud Bug

The finish line is in sight!

So my buy back is now approved, the dealership is pulling a Jeep from their lot to put on hold for me. Hopefully I will be in it (dealership says paperwork needs to be received and processed) within the next 7-10 days. They said it wouldn't be that long but my husband is the one who signed all the papers and purchased the first Jeep for me. So I figure it is his signature needed for the buy back, and unfortunately he is leaving to go out of town early Thursday morning and not coming back until late Monday night. So if the buy back cannot be done in the next 2 days, it will have to wait until next week.

but... I am excited. It is like getting a do-over on the Jeep I purchased. (Going back to the 3.6, my buyback Jeep was a 2.0 turbo) but I am still probably keeping the Mojito! I just love that color too much. :wings:

Hopefully pics to come soon.

Jeeeep

The finish line is in sight!

So my buy back is now approved, the dealership is pulling a Jeep from their lot to put on hold for me. Hopefully I will be in it (dealership says paperwork needs to be received and processed) within the next 7-10 days. They said it wouldn't be that long but my husband is the one who signed all the papers and purchased the first Jeep for me. So I figure it is his signature needed for the buy back, and unfortunately he is leaving to go out of town early Thursday morning and not coming back until late Monday night. So if the buy back cannot be done in the next 2 days, it will have to wait until next week.

but... I am excited. It is like getting a do-over on the Jeep I purchased. (Going back to the 3.6, my buyback Jeep was a 2.0 turbo) but I am still probably keeping the Mojito! I just love that color too much. :wings:

Hopefully pics to come soon.

good news! took them long enough but good they are getting it done :thumb: