Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still no Jeep .. 41 Days and counting

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Bug View Post
    We had our yellow jeep getting a windshield replaced and when I picked it up on March 15, I briefly spoke to a service tech who was passing by. I asked if the part had come in since I was given March 15-22 as dates and that day was the 15th. He kind of chuckled and said that he would be greatly surprised if this part comes in before the 22nd.

So I am currently waiting until the 22nd and then back to Jeep Wave I go to find out my alternative options in my case.

The buy-back.. I never got a call back from the Chrysler rep, plus was told by the dealership that the buyback process takes literally months to do that from start to finish.

A direct swap (for the exact same jeep, color, and options already on their lot) I was told by Jeep Wave they do not do/authorize. That is a dealership level thing. The dealership told me they would not trade because I would lose money on it. It would be treated just like I was bringing in my "old" jeep to do a regular trade/purchase of a new jeep... needing a down payment, loss of value on my old jeep, and another credit check for financing the next jeep. My husband and I are adamant that we will not lose money on this, or need to pay out of pocket for anything.

I do have a loaner, so I do have a wrangler to drive.. plus if Jeep Wave follows through with reimbursing me my payments I don't feel as if I am losing anything. (I said *if* they follow through because I tend to not believe things until they happen. But I AM making sure I am emailing Jeep Wave so their responses are in writing and not just phone/verbal promises I might not be able to prove)

But for now... I am driving a JL for "free" (again, dependent upon payment reimbursement). I am just not willing to wait 2 or 3 additional months to resolve this.
    I donít know why youíre putting up with this. Send an email to your Jeep contact and the general manager of the dealership that if within 24 hours youíre not sitting in a direct replacement vehicle, you are going to lemon it. Manufacturers do not like to have their vehicles lemoned as it goes on their record, drops their reliability ratings, bad for publicity, etc. It is also costly for them. Stop asking them what the next step is and start telling them.

Hooked
    And I did email Jeep Wave again today. I let him know this is my last push-back of the dates and he needs to have other solutions/options for me if this part does not come in by/on March 22, or lemon law it is.

March 22 = 51 consecutive days in the shop
    Contact your state's AG and see if they'll make a "friendly" inquire to the status.

Sometimes they will make a courtesy inquire into a situation, nothing like a call from the AG's office to get things moving along - this or your local consumer news reporter.

For the dealership to say you would lose money on a trade is bullshit since it's been in their shop so long.

As mentioned earlier, dealerships do not want bad publicity or lose ratings, sometimes you need to turn the screws on them, time to stop being so damn nice!! lol

I know you guys are right. I need to put my foot down. Unfortunately, it is my nature to be nice. I dislike conflict and I especially dislike thinking that someone else's life will be more difficult because of my actions or decisions. But you are right. I need to put on my big girl panties and draw my line. I do want to see what Jeep Wave responds to me today and then I will lay out my response. The dealership has nearly the exact same Rubicon on their lot. Same year, engine, transmission, color, and options. The difference is theirs has a steel bumper and mine did not. But maybe at this point I deserve a free steel bumper.
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Poison Ivy - 2019 Mojito! JLU Rubicon
    *Gray Jeep - 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sahara (loaner for who knows how long)
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Been Around the Block CanadaJeep's Avatar
    I think the bare minimum you deserve would be the steel bumpers for free.
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    I know you guys are right. I need to put my foot down. Unfortunately, it is my nature to be nice. I dislike conflict and I especially dislike thinking that someone else's life will be more difficult because of my actions or decisions. But you are right. I need to put on my big girl panties and draw my line. I do want to see what Jeep Wave responds to me today and then I will lay out my response. The dealership has nearly the exact same Rubicon on their lot. Same year, engine, transmission, color, and options. The difference is theirs has a steel bumper and mine did not. But maybe at this point I deserve a free steel bumper.
    If it were me, Iíd tell them Iím going to lemon it unless I get the replacement rubi with the bumpers along with a 120k maxcare on the new Jeep for my headache.

Jeep Wave emailed me and said they can only handle the reimbursement of my payments and additional service contracts. He says he "escalated" (I think they love using that word) my case to their resolution department. He says "Ideally they will take your case if there is any assistance they can provide, if not we will continue to try to work with."

like wth. Work with who? The email was cut off. And based on the lack of capitalization and the way it was worded, I am almost convinced I am speaking to someone else and not the original person I was working with at Jeep Wave. I realized that no one signed a name to these emails.

Right now I am waiting until the 22nd because that is only 2 more days and if the part comes in, I am happy to get my jeep back. After that, husband says he is stepping in (he does the hard work for me lol)

And as for the direct trade, I am thinking instead of the 2019 steel bumper, I should get the 2018 on their lot that has the steel bumper, and the dual top group, and the trailer/tow package that I do not have
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Poison Ivy - 2019 Mojito! JLU Rubicon
    *Gray Jeep - 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sahara (loaner for who knows how long)
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Jeep Wave emailed me and said they can only handle the reimbursement of my payments and additional service contracts. He says he "escalated" (I think they love using that word) my case to their resolution department. He says "Ideally they will take your case if there is any assistance they can provide, if not we will continue to try to work with."

like wth. Work with who? The email was cut off. And based on the lack of capitalization and the way it was worded, I am almost convinced I am speaking to someone else and not the original person I was working with at Jeep Wave. I realized that no one signed a name to these emails.

Right now I am waiting until the 22nd because that is only 2 more days and if the part comes in, I am happy to get my jeep back. After that, husband says he is stepping in (he does the hard work for me lol)

And as for the direct trade, I am thinking instead of the 2019 steel bumper, I should get the 2018 on their lot that has the steel bumper, and the dual top group, and the trailer/tow package that I do not have
    Surely if the part is only 2 days away someone would have a tracking number for it.
    2018 JLUR Sting Gray

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123