Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still no Jeep .. 41 Days and counting

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    I would have lemon'ed it on day 32.
    Agree ^^

But, since they've given you a time frame of Mar15-22 and they will reimburse your payments, not sure pursuing lemon law would be worth it (additional time required?)

I'd still contact the state's AG to review your options.

You have a lot of patience and to buy another Jeep from them! hope they gave you a better than great deal on that Jeep

Crazy situation, I'd be pissed and it doesn't seem like the dealer really is helping or knows what the hell is going on

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah lemon that and get another.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Jeep does even trades, zero out of pocket all the time, push for that, if you don't want wait.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Holy hell, that is just nuts! I'd hate to say it but I'm with these guys. I think it's time to move this to the next level. Have them do a swap or lemon it.

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    That really does suck. I'd be pretty hot and would take it to the next level as mentioned above, and above, and above.

Keep this in your back pocket in case you need it. Always good to have info to go to the top.
    tim.kuniskis@fcagroup.com

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Iím so sorry to keep reading all this, but youíre about to make a 3rd payment. You need to lookup & conract a lawyer. Seriously, youíve been more than accommodating to them.

We had our yellow jeep getting a windshield replaced and when I picked it up on March 15, I briefly spoke to a service tech who was passing by. I asked if the part had come in since I was given March 15-22 as dates and that day was the 15th. He kind of chuckled and said that he would be greatly surprised if this part comes in before the 22nd.

So I am currently waiting until the 22nd and then back to Jeep Wave I go to find out my alternative options in my case.

The buy-back.. I never got a call back from the Chrysler rep, plus was told by the dealership that the buyback process takes literally months to do that from start to finish.

A direct swap (for the exact same jeep, color, and options already on their lot) I was told by Jeep Wave they do not do/authorize. That is a dealership level thing. The dealership told me they would not trade because I would lose money on it. It would be treated just like I was bringing in my "old" jeep to do a regular trade/purchase of a new jeep... needing a down payment, loss of value on my old jeep, and another credit check for financing the next jeep. My husband and I are adamant that we will not lose money on this, or need to pay out of pocket for anything.

I do have a loaner, so I do have a wrangler to drive.. plus if Jeep Wave follows through with reimbursing me my payments I don't feel as if I am losing anything. (I said *if* they follow through because I tend to not believe things until they happen. But I AM making sure I am emailing Jeep Wave so their responses are in writing and not just phone/verbal promises I might not be able to prove)

But for now... I am driving a JL for "free" (again, dependent upon payment reimbursement). I am just not willing to wait 2 or 3 additional months to resolve this.
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Poison Ivy - 2019 Mojito! JLU Rubicon
    *Gray Jeep - 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sahara (loaner for who knows how long)
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

And I did email Jeep Wave again today. I let him know this is my last push-back of the dates and he needs to have other solutions/options for me if this part does not come in by/on March 22, or lemon law it is.

March 22 = 51 consecutive days in the shop
    Janice

Jeep Squad:
    *Poison Ivy - 2019 Mojito! JLU Rubicon
    *Gray Jeep - 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sahara (loaner for who knows how long)
    *Scorpion - 2018 Hella Yella JLU Rubicon
    *Bambi - 2018 Gobi JKU Sahara (Daughter's)
    *Little Red - 2006 Flame Red LJ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast