JLUR Rear Window Rattle

mooseworks

I've been trying to find the source of an annoying rattle coming from the rear of my 2018 JLUR when driving at low speeds. Today, after much trial and error, I isolated the source of the rattle which turned out to be the rear window rattling against the swing gate. I put in a temporary fix, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and what a preferred long-term and more permanent fix might be? Also, is this something that I would be better served referring to my dealer?

GRLDC

I have been having a slight rattle or "squeaking" sound since I went to a 35 inch tire with the stock tail gait. I think mine is the rear window seal and the tail gait flexing or rubbing. I wonder if it goes away with the tail gait reinforcement.

Jeepfan30

My window and tailgate had a little rattle too, I just used the included tool set to adjust the tailgate latch in a little bit. That tightened the tailgate up a little more to the window.

JeepJL

I have been having a slight rattle or "squeaking" sound since I went to a 35 inch tire with the stock tail gait. I think mine is the rear window seal and the tail gait flexing or rubbing. I wonder if it goes away with the tail gait reinforcement.

I’ve got the same thing since I went to the evo carrier and a 38” tire hanging back there. I’m gonna try and move the striker a bit tighter. It’s definitely the hardtop window seal. I fixed that issue today. [emoji1360][emoji13]
IMG_4208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would try adjusting the latch so that when closed, the tailgate pulls in just a bit tighter. Also, you could loosen the bolts on the hard top and shift it around to give it a better fit. I've done both and have zero sounds coming from the rear glass.