Thread: JLUR Rear Window Rattle

Fresh Catch

JLUR Rear Window Rattle

I've been trying to find the source of an annoying rattle coming from the rear of my 2018 JLUR when driving at low speeds. Today, after much trial and error, I isolated the source of the rattle which turned out to be the rear window rattling against the swing gate. I put in a temporary fix, but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and what a preferred long-term and more permanent fix might be? Also, is this something that I would be better served referring to my dealer?

Fresh Catch
    I have been having a slight rattle or "squeaking" sound since I went to a 35 inch tire with the stock tail gait. I think mine is the rear window seal and the tail gait flexing or rubbing. I wonder if it goes away with the tail gait reinforcement.

Fresh Catch
    My window and tailgate had a little rattle too, I just used the included tool set to adjust the tailgate latch in a little bit. That tightened the tailgate up a little more to the window.

Quote Originally Posted by GRLDC View Post
    I have been having a slight rattle or "squeaking" sound since I went to a 35 inch tire with the stock tail gait. I think mine is the rear window seal and the tail gait flexing or rubbing. I wonder if it goes away with the tail gait reinforcement.
    Iíve got the same thing since I went to the evo carrier and a 38Ē tire hanging back there. Iím gonna try and move the striker a bit tighter. Itís definitely the hardtop window seal. I fixed that issue today.
    IMG_4208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfan30 View Post
    My window and tailgate had a little rattle too, I just used the included tool set to adjust the tailgate latch in a little bit. That tightened the tailgate up a little more to the window.
    Thatís great advice Iím going to check mine. I have a very small rattle that I couldnít locate back there.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug
    lube the window seal with electrical grease. It will go away.

I would try adjusting the latch so that when closed, the tailgate pulls in just a bit tighter. Also, you could loosen the bolts on the hard top and shift it around to give it a better fit. I've done both and have zero sounds coming from the rear glass.