Evo Enforcer or Rancho Lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I’m on the phone with my local 4x4 shop getting the kit ordered in. They are good guys and do great work. Just try and peddle the teraflex and metal cloak crap a little too hard. When I first called them about the rancho they immediately gave me the Teraflex pitch. Now that I called with EVO they didn’t counter with Teraflex. I guess that means I made the right choice lol.

Shops and vendors will ALWAYS pimp whatever they have in stock and or are out to make the most profit on.

I ran Kings on my JK, I didn't like that they needed rebuilding at about 20k miles- I was hoping they would've lasted longer.

Actually, that sounds about right. Great shocks but they do require regular maintenance. Makes them even more pricey than the original cost.

dixonk

Shops and vendors will ALWAYS pimp whatever they have in stock and or are out to make the most profit on.

Actually, that sounds about right. Great shocks but they do require regular maintenance. Makes them even more pricey than the original cost.

Eddie I'm going to be honest, your videos is why I still haven't plopped my credit card down on the EVO kit yet lol. Watching the stuff you have done with a Rancho system or a dynatrac system with the EVO arms has me kind of flaky on the decision. On one hand having the best system is a good thing, but on the other hand I am not fooling myself into thinking that I am some sort of hard core off roader living out west, although frequent trips out that way are frequent.

The other thing that is bothering me is if I will like the way the Jeep looks with 35s under a 2.5" lift or am I going to have to try to unload a new set of 35s to go up to 37s?

WiscoHR

Eddie I'm going to be honest, your videos is why I still haven't plopped my credit card down on the EVO kit yet lol. Watching the stuff you have done with a Rancho system or a dynatrac system with the EVO arms has me kind of flaky on the decision. On one hand having the best system is a good thing, but on the other hand I am not fooling myself into thinking that I am some sort of hard core off roader living out west, although frequent trips out that way are frequent.

The other thing that is bothering me is if I will like the way the Jeep looks with 35s under a 2.5" lift or am I going to have to try to unload a new set of 35s to go up to 37s?

It’s ok to mix and match. I’m running 2.5” EVO coils with Rancho shocks and Core4x4 control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

Well after contemplation I have decided not to break my golden rule of cheaping out and buy once, cry once. Just plopped down my credit card on the EVO Enforcer Overland Stage 4 and EVO tire carrier. Also threw in an ARB twin compressor to replace my tired old craftsman piece of crap air compressor. Install is 28th of this month.

JTCO

Meme King
Well after contemplation I have decided not to break my golden rule of cheaping out and buy once, cry once. Just plopped down my credit card on the EVO Enforcer Overland Stage 4 and EVO tire carrier. Also threw in an ARB twin compressor to replace my tired old craftsman piece of crap air compressor. Install is 28th of this month.

Congrats!!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug

Yeah! Congrats.

ZomboMeme 03062018143046.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL - I apologize for not seeing this sooner. Of course, I see that you've already pulled the trigger and I'm sure you'll be happy with what you get. That being said, you're gonna wanna unload a set of new 35's and bump up to 37's :crazyeyes:

dixonk

LOL - I apologize for not seeing this sooner. Of course, I see that you've already pulled the trigger and I'm sure you'll be happy with what you get. That being said, you're gonna wanna unload a set of new 35's and bump up to 37's :crazyeyes:

Yeah I know :( Already trying to pick my wheels. My guy teased me about a new KMC RG3 and I haven’t been able to find any pics.

dixonk

Well good news. Discount tire said they will swap out my 35s for 37s no issues. Got a set of XD231 RG in Black with Chrome Hardware on the way. Sure do wish they would mix and match rings without making you buy new rings. Oh well guess I will just have some scratched up black Beadlock rings.

NFRs2000NYC

Well good news. Discount tire said they will swap out my 35s for 37s no issues. Got a set of XD231 RG in Black with Chrome Hardware on the way. Sure do wish they would mix and match rings without making you buy new rings. Oh well guess I will just have some scratched up black Beadlock rings.

You can probably use some aircraft stripper on your black rings then polish the aluminum back up without too much trouble. Would be an afternoon of work if you wanted to save the money.

dixonk

You can probably use some aircraft stripper on your black rings then polish the aluminum back up without too much trouble. Would be an afternoon of work if you wanted to save the money.

True. I think I will just beat them up for awhile and then maybe refinish them one day or next time a new set of tires goes on. Curious to see how it looks all black with shiny hardware.

Rubiman_JL

It’s strange, when I mention Rancho to a dealer they say they are crap and push TeraFlex or Rubicon Express or the east coasters. So damn confused?!? Why not Mopar?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s strange, when I mention Rancho to a dealer they say they are crap and push TeraFlex or Rubicon Express or the east coasters. So damn confused?!? Why not Mopar?

They are pushing what they already sell, and make the most money on.

What notnalc68 said, most vendors or even dealers will push whatever they stock and or are out to make the most profit on. I would NEVER take their advice being that they're only interest is in your money.