Evo Enforcer or Rancho Lift

dixonk

I am looking to get a lift and I have it narrowed down to a couple options as they seem to be the most complete kits with positive reviews. I am looking at the Rancho 2" Sport with the RS9000XL as well as all the control arms, track bars, and geometry correction that Rancho makes. On the other hand there is the EVO Enforcer Overland 2.5" Stage 4 with the King 2.5" shocks and all the arms and track bars. Would you say the EVO is considerably better and worth more than twice the price for their kit? I'm all about buy once, cry once if there is a significant difference.

Here is what I have found looking at prices:

Rancho

RS66122BR9 2” Sport System w/RS9000XL $734
RS62125 Shock Skid $151
RS62118B Geometry Correction $174
RS66165B Lower Control Arms $329
RS66164B Upper Control Arms $226
RS62128 Front Track Bar $174
RS62131 Rear Track Bar $174

Total $1962

EVO

EVO-3012S4K 2.5" Enforcer Overland Stage 4 W/EVO Spec KING 2.5" Shocks

Total $4,610

Jdofmemi

Most of the price difference is in the shocks, and in my opinion, the Kings are worth it.
I have the EVO enforcer with Kings on my JK, and I can tell you it works very well.
Also just ordered EVO lift for the little woman's JL

Ed4

I plan on upgrading to Evos coil overs in the near future so I went with the cheaper Rancho lift for now. I have no complaints. It's a great lift. Especially for the money.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the price difference is in the shocks, and in my opinion, the Kings are worth it.
I have the EVO enforcer with Kings on my JK, and I can tell you it works very well.
Also just ordered EVO lift for the little woman's JL

This ^^^^ What you pay for are the Kings.

dixonk

You can’t go wrong with either, but those Kings should be really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Before this Jeep, I came from the Raptor world and the King shocks were regarded as the "Cat's Meow" for those trucks. But that was running fast over washboards and jumping. Guys were spending big money on them. Hopefully on the Jeep they don't have to be serviced as often as the shocks on the Raptor did. I spent a small fortune on shock rebuilds.

Rampart22

I purchased direct from off road evolution with an enforcer stage 2 and king 2.5. I wish I could have splurged for the coil overs but that’s another topic. Great service, great product and I highly encourage anyone considering options to give them a chat.

My.02

dixonk

I purchased direct from off road evolution with an enforcer stage 2 and king 2.5. I wish I could have splurged for the coil overs but that’s another topic. Great service, great product and I highly encourage anyone considering options to give them a chat.

My.02

I’m on the phone with my local 4x4 shop getting the kit ordered in. They are good guys and do great work. Just try and peddle the teraflex and metal cloak crap a little too hard. When I first called them about the rancho they immediately gave me the Teraflex pitch. Now that I called with EVO they didn’t counter with Teraflex. I guess that means I made the right choice lol.

Jeeeep

Thats what I thought. My Raptor needed the shocks looked at every 15-20k miles. I actually kept a spare set of Fox shocks in the garage to swap and send the take offs off to get rebuilt so I wouldn't be down waiting on rebuilds to come back.

I ran Kings on my JK, I didn't like that they needed rebuilding at about 20k miles- I was hoping they would've lasted longer.

dixonk

I ran Kings on my JK, I didn't like that they needed rebuilding at about 20k miles- I was hoping they would've lasted longer.

Oh joy. Hopefully it’s a labor of love and the ride quality make it worthwhile. I would have thought with half the weight it would last twice as long as the Raptor. Were yours leaking by 20k or mainly just needed nitrogen filled?

Alex4LO

Currently looking at this kit. I’m going evo for sure. If I had more clank I would go pro long arm. This is the best deal I found for the 3.5 enforcer stage 4. I’m already breaking the bank lol [emoji23]

$4570
IMG_6138.JPG

dixonk

Currently looking at this kit. I’m going evo for sure. If I had more clank I would go pro long arm. This is the best deal I found for the 3.5 enforcer stage 4. I’m already breaking the bank lol [emoji23]

$4570
View attachment 9603

My local shop gave me a price of 4673. I’m not going to nickel and dime them to death. I don’t even think they are setup as EVO dealers so I want them to make some money on the deal. Also getting the tire carrier while I’m at it.

dixonk

Wait.... your lift is a 2.5 it should be less if I’m looking at your original post right

Correct. It’s a 2.5”. I had them match the amazon 4610 +63 shipping rate. I haven’t paid yet. I found another vendor that has a deal for 4510 with military discount and will save me on tax as well. Gonna work it out tomorrow with the shop. By the time I add tax and the cost difference that’s almost 700 bucks.