JL JOURNAL : Checking Steering Components / Setting Toe / Recenter Steering Wheel

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
great video....when you recenter the steering wheel, do you have to have the start button pressed to "acc" , or is it totally in the "off" position....

Nope, there's no need to do anything like that.

Great video, always enjoy refresher tech video's. I always see something new or something I forgot, hahaha maybe that's why I think it's new. Anyways, Thanks again.

Awesome - glad we could share this with you :)

Great informative video. Jim also explains it very clearly. Very happy with this info.

With my JK the play may not be soon a big issue, all arms have Currie ball joints.
But many Jeeps of my friends do not have ball joints ....

Thanks for sharing with us. Thick thumbs up :thumb: for Eddie, Jim, Cindy and Dynatrac !!

Pretty Cool (JL) PR44 BTW. Greetings from Europe (NL)

It's our pleasure. Helping others to help themselves is what we hope to do :)

Eddie this video is great. i had watched some other video's recently where they talked about centering the steering wheel, and toe in and a few other things, but never showed how to do it. i had literally asked myself yesterday "how the heck do you adjust toe-in", and boom, of course you have a video on it all. thank you!

LOL - well I'm glad we made this video and posted it up when we did. I know our videos may not be the most exciting around but we do hope they help people like you out :)

CalSgt

LOL... Great video as always, but it would have been tremendously more helpful on Friday before I replaced my tie rod. At least someone will get to benefit from it

RMC2

Very good info. Really like the tip about putting your finger on the joint and feeling for movement.