Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Checking Steering Components / Setting Toe / Recenter Steering Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by Signals34 View Post
    great video....when you recenter the steering wheel, do you have to have the start button pressed to "acc" , or is it totally in the "off" position....
    Nope, there's no need to do anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    Great video, always enjoy refresher tech video's. I always see something new or something I forgot, hahaha maybe that's why I think it's new. Anyways, Thanks again.
    Awesome - glad we could share this with you

Quote Originally Posted by Roo4JK View Post
    Great informative video. Jim also explains it very clearly. Very happy with this info.

With my JK the play may not be soon a big issue, all arms have Currie ball joints.
    But many Jeeps of my friends do not have ball joints ....

Thanks for sharing with us. Thick thumbs up for Eddie, Jim, Cindy and Dynatrac !!

Pretty Cool (JL) PR44 BTW. Greetings from Europe (NL)
    It's our pleasure. Helping others to help themselves is what we hope to do

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Eddie this video is great. i had watched some other video's recently where they talked about centering the steering wheel, and toe in and a few other things, but never showed how to do it. i had literally asked myself yesterday "how the heck do you adjust toe-in", and boom, of course you have a video on it all. thank you!
    LOL - well I'm glad we made this video and posted it up when we did. I know our videos may not be the most exciting around but we do hope they help people like you out

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    ..., i really prefer millimeters its so much easier..
    Agreed!!!!
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

That was a really informative video. Thank you. I'll have to get under tonight and check it out.

Been Around the Block scoobycarolanNC's Avatar
    Hey Eddie what happened with the FAD? Did you zip tie it up or zap it with the tazer?

LOL... Great video as always, but it would have been tremendously more helpful on Friday before I replaced my tie rod. At least someone will get to benefit from it

Quote Originally Posted by scoobycarolanNC View Post
    Hey Eddie what happened with the FAD? Did you zip tie it up or zap it with the tazer?
    I used my Tazer to address the FAD. It worked but I still have a locker error light. Fortunately, even with the light, my rear locker still works.

Very good info. Really like the tip about putting your finger on the joint and feeling for movement.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123