My one day in Moab

BigCountry1983

We ended up making time to stop in at Moab on our road trip to the Grand Canyon. We only had one actual day to hit the trails so we did Top Of The World trail and to say the least it was amazing. We were advised against by a few people that were staying in our hotel because they said the trail was covered in snow and mud. My thought was well wouldn’t that make it more of a challenge and probably more fun.
So after a late start we didn’t get on the trail till 3pm after airing down and eating lunch. We passed 3 people coming back from the trail and another 2 parked at the start of the harder stuff and they were blocking off the right side and bypass so we did the left side which looked extremely intimidating but tooflss walked right up it. From there on it was smoother than they made it out to be.

When we passed the group walking I kinda felt bad because they had to have walked about 2 miles up hill in snow and mud. By the way I don’t like heights so trying to pull the Jeep up for the photo shot was scaring the crap out of me. I go it as close to the edge as I could but the hill close to the edge had pockets of snow and it kept chirping the tires so I said screw it was close enough. Only had minor scrapes on the rims and just a small clip to the exhaust tip.

The worst thing was having to do the trail alone and being the first time not really know what to expect because of the conditions and heading back was all in the dark. But we had a blast and can’t wait to go back hopefully during the end of summer for more trials.IMG_0498.jpgIMG_0517.jpgIMG_0512.jpgIMG_0502.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0499.jpgIMG_0545.jpgIMG_0455.jpg

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

We ended up making time to stop in at Moab ... we had a blast and can’t wait to go back hopefully during the end of summer for more trials...

Glad you had a good time. Moab certainly deserves more an a day :)

But beware that it is VERY hot there in the summer. If you can you might find it better to go in October.

NFRs2000NYC

I did the same thing 2 February’s ago....alone with my wife, we got within 1/4 mile and I made the call to turn back. The sun was going down and the ice was bad. Two times that trail shut me down. Oh well, until next time. Glad you made it to the top safely!