TeraFlex 3.5”?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone running the following lift?

JLU 4-Door: 3.5” Sport ST3 Suspension System & Falcon 2.1 Monotube

Having personally installed and tested a wide array of TeraFlex products in the past, what I can tell you is that their chinese parts are not something I would recommend. I personally had numerous joints blow on me, I've seen their track bars break in half, I've seen their brackets tear off of their own Jeep and I've seen their shocks leak and break bar pins just to name a few. If needed, I can post pics of all of this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have the 2.5 EVO boost currently, same as you ran. I am looking for some more clearance with some better coils and shocks not breaking the bank.

Well, being that budget is a concern, I would highly recommend you give the Rancho coils a test. I've been very happy with them in both the 2.5" lift and now 3.5" which yield over 4" of true lift. The 9000 shocks I've been running with them have been really nice as well but you could always run Fox or otherwise with them and for a fraction of the cost of something like that TeraFlex kit. Going this way will allow you to just add to what you have now and if in the end you don't like it (I doubt this will be the case), you won't be out of a lot of money. :yup:

Rubiman_JL

Well, being that budget is a concern, I would highly recommend you give the Rancho coils a test. I've been very happy with them in both the 2.5" lift and now 3.5" which yield over 4" of true lift. The 9000 shocks I've been running with them have been really nice as well but you could always run Fox or otherwise with them and for a fraction of the cost of something like that TeraFlex kit. Going this way will allow you to just add to what you have now and if in the end you don't like it (I doubt this will be the case), you won't be out of a lot of money. :yup:

So I would just need the coils and shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So I would just need the coils and shocks?

Yup, pretty much or at least, with their 2.5" lift. You should already have brake line drop brackets and longer sway bar links. If you go with their 3.5" coils and shocks, you will need a lot more stuff but then, you would with any kit that yields over 4" of lift.