Start of a 2019 Rubicon

Neohiofan

I heavily modified my jk and don’t want to do all of that again. I’m gonna add these items in the next 6 months to a year and that’ll be it
Metalcloak 2.5” lift
Rock hard 4x4 armor
ROCKHARD 4x4 rock sliders
Heavy duty tie rod/drag link
Possibly steel fenders when something I like comes out
Prorock 44 or ultimate Dana 44 for the front

Attachments

• ABA2CCE2-5AAB-4A7A-85D6-ADD250D7C42F.jpg
    ABA2CCE2-5AAB-4A7A-85D6-ADD250D7C42F.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 0CC8C074-07AB-4D23-992E-937C71ED19F4.jpg
    0CC8C074-07AB-4D23-992E-937C71ED19F4.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 102

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I heavily modified my jk and don’t want to do all of that again. I’m gonna add these items in the next 6 months to a year and that’ll be it
Metalcloak 2.5” lift
Rock hard 4x4 armor

Metalcloak is dog shit. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Metalcloak 2.5” lift
Rock hard 4x4 armor

Yeah, why metalcloak? Because YouTube recommended it? Do some research, buy once, cry once.

Neohiofan

Instead of dogging metalcloak tell me why their dog shit. I’ve done homework and read different forums and seen nothing but great reviews. I had rock krawler on my jk and loved it except for Powdercoat issues and control arm joints were not my favorite. So go on and explain your experience and issues with metalcloak. Not a fanboy because I’ve never bought anything of there’s before. Who’s the coveted JL lift and why? Rock krawler, dynatrac, accutune, Clayton offroad, teraflex, rough country, mopar, pro comp, rancho, evo, Rubicon express, skyjacker? I’m all ears

JTCO

Meme King
Instead of dogging metalcloak tell me why their dog shit. I’ve done homework and read different forums and seen nothing but great reviews. So go on and explain your experience and issues with metalcloak. Not a fanboy because I’ve never bought anything of there’s before.

Happy reading:
https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.php?2444-Metal-cloak

Who’s the coveted JL lift and why? Rock krawler, dynatrac, accutune, Clayton offroad, teraflex, rough country, mopar, pro comp, rancho, evo, Rubicon express, skyjacker? I’m all ears

That's a deep subjective question. You should probably do more homework on that one and will probably not come out with anything really conclusive because of the matter of opinions. With that being said, Teraflex makes some of the shittiest quality parts I've seen.

Neohiofan

I’ll do more research then. I’m not getting defensive. I’m simply asking educate me from your experiences from metalcloak products. Not just badmouth with no reasons to back up. Simply put I liked my rock krawler lift except for the powdercoat and joint issues. Please let me know what exact issues you’ve had with them on your jeep. It helps make more informed decisions. I read all 8 pages. It was more fighting than anything. Seen 3 posts with actual info. One showed a control arm bushing blown out. The second post hated the coils saying there rough riding. Third shown a bent tie rod. I’ll reread again and do more research. Still would like a few more experiences to read. What are the quality JL 2.5” lift for a 2 door?

Last edited:

GrayBeard

All suspension lifts have some sort of issues, some more than others[emoji852]. My opinion, buy what fits your style of wheeling and budget. One thing I found over the many years, no matter how complete the lift is, you will eventually need to upgrade something else, either because of lift or tire size. More extreme/advanced in my experience requires more non suspension upgrades.

If your new to the game, if possible before deciding on lifts, find someone with one with the lift you want, ride with them, check it, ask lots of questions. Join a local Jeep club, ask lots of questions. Different types of terrain requires different mods. Mud vs rock vs sand vs mountains vs hills vs mall crawling ect.

You don't want to spend $1k only to find out you want or need to do more, but then again you dont want to spend 3k+, to find you must do more and that it's over kill for your type of wheeling.

It really is a personal choice. Stick with reputable companies and make it your choice, not someone elses.

There is lots of great advice/opinions here, some I use, some I dont. But that's what works for me.

Wants mods start, your hooked, no turning [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Check out Eddie's suspension videos. He reviews several for the JLs.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I’ll do more research then. I’m not getting defensive. I’m simply asking educate me from your experiences from metalcloak products. Not just badmouth with no reasons to back up. Simply put I liked my rock krawler lift except for the powdercoat and joint issues. Please let me know what exact issues you’ve had with them on your jeep. It helps make more informed decisions. I read all 8 pages. It was more fighting than anything. Seen 3 posts with actual info. One showed a control arm bushing blown out. The second post hated the coils saying there rough riding. Third shown a bent tie rod. I’ll reread again and do more research. Still would like a few more experiences to read. What are the quality JL 2.5” lift for a 2 door?
They'll send you sports equipment to put on your jeep.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Neohiofan

I’m not a newbie. I’ve owned 6 Jk wranglers. 2 and 4 doors. I’ve started with a leveling kit and 33s on my first jeep. Built it to a 3.5” Rock Krawler with Dana 60s. The others have smaller lifts and tires rancho and 35s. The 2door 2.5” lifts for the JL are limited at this point. I mainly rock crawl. I want another lift besides Rock Krawler because of powdercoat and joint issues. I liked them but want to try another brand. Do not want to overbuild this jeep. Decent lift, tires, steering, driveshafts, and armor. I read that metalcloak was a pretty good lift. All I’m asking were experiences with JL lift since they are newer and not as many. I will keep looking and do more research.

BillArnett

This forum is pretty good about positive recommendations about products that members have experience with. You just have to ignore some of the rest.

I’m not a suspension guru but so far I’ve been happy with my Rubicon Express lift.

Rgk401

Let me just start by saying fuck Metalcloak. I just installed the Jl bumper #2400 without direction only to find out that I need a special bracket to mount the stock fog light. I called them and asked them how did it mount and they said I needed a special bracket from mopar. NO WHERE ON THE WEBSITE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING TO ORDER A BRACKETS!! I should have stuck with evo or another name brand. But now I have a $600 bumper and still need to spend $15 on 2 brackets. What a fuckup company!! Sorry for my potty mount.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Let me just start by saying fuck Metalcloak. I just installed the Jl bumper #2400 without direction only to find out that I need a special bracket to mount the stock fog light. I called them and asked them how did it mount and they said I needed a special bracket from mopar. NO WHERE ON THE WEBSITE SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HAVING TO ORDER A BRACKETS!! I should have stuck with evo or another name brand. But now I have a $600 bumper and still need to spend $15 on 2 brackets. What a fuckup company!! Sorry for my potty mount.

Lol not surprised. They will market the shit out of you but not tell you everything you need. Sorry to hear about your struggles with it

ddays v2

I had rock krawler on my jk and loved it............ except for Powdercoat issues and control arm joints were not my favorite.

Simply put I liked my rock krawler lift except for the powdercoat and joint issues.

Why did you like the RK kit when the joints and powder coat caused issues? :thinking:

I too had RK and no longer do. I wouldn't get another because their joints are not as good as the kits that use Johnny Joints.

Pics of the RK arms I replaced with EVO versions using JJ's a couple years ago on my JK before going to a LA setup

RK vs Johnny Joint

Arms 6.jpg

Arms 7.jpg

If I put a lift on my JL i will not use any arms that don't have JJ's.

But being that you're only doing a 2.5" lift, why go with new arms at all?
BTW, the Sharkhide works really well but you still need to keep after the wheels very often. Renewing it each season is best.

Neohiofan

For a 2.5” lift I’m really looking at springs and both trackbars. I will also buy a beefier tie rod/drag link.