BUILDING a DYNATRAC PROROCK 44 : A Close Up Look at How an Awesome Front Axle is Made

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
XD60 freefloat? What bolt pattern? You have such nice wheels on Jet Li. I hate to think you would have to change them. I like your strategy for this build. Looking forward to seeing more of Jet Li upgrades. Thanks.

LOL!! Haven't said we were doing it for sure but if or when the time comes, we'd most likely swap out both front and rear axles and change out our wheels. It'd suck to do but not like we haven't done it before and more than once on the same Jeep :crazyeyes:

Also, how do you like your choice of new gear ratio? 5.13s I believe it was. How does the 8spd transmission like it at speed? Is the overall balance between mpg and power meet your specifications? What do you average on mpg vs power on new vs old? I'm trying to understand the significance and effects the new speed has on the drivetrain. Thanks again.

So, we will do a video on all this but what I can tell you is this. With 5.13's, you'll have more power off the line and it is awesome. You'll also regain 8th gear. However, you will run about 400-500 RPM more than before and that'll hurt your MPG. Also, passing at highway speeds is harder now being that the transmission won't drop into 4th or at least, not unless you're doing around 60 MPH.

Again... great Video!!! But how might one bolt up Electric Motors to the Axle? :thinking: :D

:cheesy: You're killing me

Oh WOW that axle ROCKS :D

I am impressed at the amount of skills and precision these guys have, the welds are amazing, the mounting is amazing, the detailing is incredible... a real racing team.... nothing is overlooked!

If I ever get an axle for my JK/JL i know where i am going even though they cost an extra arm out here in Europe!!!

Dynatrac really is great at what they do. :yup:

Cool to see that it's all done by hand not automated.

Kind of amazing in this day and age to see it :)

Watching them build that axle is amazing. It’s a great example of functional art. You can tell they care about the final product, not just how fast and how many they can make.

The best part is, if you talk to the people who work there, they really do care about the axles they're making. They take real pride in what they do and that's a big part of why the quality of what they make is so high. You won't find that kind of pride and care at a Chinese factory.

darrenroos

Very cool!! :thumb: It looks like a CV boot but are those U-Joints in your new Dynatrac axle? Also, how do you like the 5.13 ratio? Noticeable difference?....scratch that last question about the ratio. I just noticed that you answered it above.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool!! :thumb: It looks like a CV boot but are those U-Joints in your new Dynatrac axle? Also, how do you like the 5.13 ratio? Noticeable difference?....scratch that last question about the ratio. I just noticed that you answered it above.

Unfortunately, what you are are seeing are in fact CV's. While standard u-joints will be available soon, RCV's were the only thing available when we made this video.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Another amazing dynatrac axle building video! Love watching them build this one just like the pr80 before in your previous video! The test of time on mobys pr60 really exemplifies the quality of the parts they use!

MrGiant

great video again, although nearly everyone here has seen the videos of the PR JK axle build.....doenst matter, very interesting, especially due to the educational part of it :D
I really love how they are made and which knowledge and crafstmanship goes into those axles. This fact for its own makes me want one....but I will never need it.
I guess there will be a new write up/video of how to install and wire an air supply unit by a manufacturer with three capital letters in it's name :D
maybe you can maintain the use of your factory locker switches ;)

RMC2

I forgot to add that it was good to see Moby get some love.

Definitely looking forward to a review on the new gears and if you can trick the locker switches into working the ARB.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another amazing dynatrac axle building video! Love watching them build this one just like the pr80 before in your previous video! The test of time on mobys pr60 really exemplifies the quality of the parts they use!

Oh yeah, Moby's front axle is the one we've had the longest and it really is proof of how awesome Dynatrac axles are.

great video again, although nearly everyone here has seen the videos of the PR JK axle build.....doenst matter, very interesting, especially due to the educational part of it :D
I really love how they are made and which knowledge and crafstmanship goes into those axles. This fact for its own makes me want one....but I will never need it.
I guess there will be a new write up/video of how to install and wire an air supply unit by a manufacturer with three capital letters in it's name :D
maybe you can maintain the use of your factory locker switches ;)

LOL!! You can see into the future. Yes, designed a bracket to mount an ARB under the hood and hope to offer it up for sale soon. Just need to work on the details of getting it made and still need to do more testing to make sure it'll hold up to whatever we can throw at it.

I forgot to add that it was good to see Moby get some love.

Definitely looking forward to a review on the new gears and if you can trick the locker switches into working the ARB.

Not sure if I have the electrical know how to make the factory switch to operate the ARB but for now, I have it hooked up to the aux switches.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Thank you for putting this video out. I really enjoy watching how quality products like dynatrac get built. so cool to see .

JAGS

All this and no pricing yet. I’m trying to see how much you’ve cost me in unnecessary upgrades. Lol.

Admittedly, I’ve only watched half the full length. Will try to finish it tonight.

Piginajeep

All this and no pricing yet. I’m trying to see how much you’ve cost me in unnecessary upgrades. Lol.

Admittedly, I’ve only watched half the full length. Will try to finish it tonight.

Yeah, did I miss the price?

Definitely an upgrade I’m going to do.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

MrGiant

On the dynatrac homepage it says, you should call for a custom quote. But I am interested in numbers, too

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for putting this video out. I really enjoy watching how quality products like dynatrac get built. so cool to see .

Awesome, we're glad that we could share this with you :)

Yeah, did I miss the price?

Definitely an upgrade I’m going to do.

On the dynatrac homepage it says, you should call for a custom quote. But I am interested in numbers, too

The housing should be similar to what the ProRock 44 is for the JK, about $2k or so. Depending on what options you go with to complete it, you could be looking at a total price upwards of $5k.

MrGiant

Thanks for this info, eddie. Not cheap at all, but if you think about the engineering and making to complete it, its fair

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

dixonk

LOL!! You can see into the future. Yes, designed a bracket to mount an ARB under the hood and hope to offer it up for sale soon. Just need to work on the details of getting it made and still need to do more testing to make sure it'll hold up to whatever we can throw at it.

Not sure if I have the electrical know how to make the factory switch to operate the ARB but for now, I have it hooked up to the aux switches.

Standing by for this mount. Slim pickings on available mounts and all of them appear to be after thoughts. Can’t wait to see what you do with this.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for this info, eddie. Not cheap at all, but if you think about the engineering and making to complete it, its fair

Oh no, not cheap at all but like you said, the engineering that went into it is over the top and the fact that it's essentially hand made by skilled workers who take pride in the quality of their work. A robot welder or a guy in china won't give you this kind of craftsmanship.

Standing by for this mount. Slim pickings on available mounts and all of them appear to be after thoughts. Can’t wait to see what you do with this.

Cool! I just want to make sure that it'll hold up over time and the kind of use and abuse that I know I'll be putting it through before releasing it. If all goes well, the bracket will be a NO DRILL / NO CUTTING, fully bolt on bracket for an ARB single compressor. :yup:

NFRs2000NYC

Just saw LiteBrites video where they installed a new PR44 as well (with a shoutout to Eddie and WAYALIFE) and they got an e-locker for theirs. I asked them if it works with the OEM locker switch and he said no it doesn’t and it does trigger a light on the dash (tazerjl is supposedly working on it) but I’m curious, what is it about the elockers that doesn’t allow you to use the OEM switch??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - I know we're not the biggest forum in the world but if you spent a bit more time here, I think you'd find that we actually do have some good info on here and from guys who know what they're talking about. This question was already answered a few weeks back. :)

This is the fault type that would happen. And when it sees open (as it would with locker sensor unhooked) it would lock the locker output to current state...

View attachment 9076

Sent via....