BUILDING a DYNATRAC PROROCK 44 : A Close Up Look at How an Awesome Front Axle is Made

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It was a little over 10 years ago that Cindy and installed our very first Dynatrac product on Moby, a ProRock 60 front axle. Since that time, we've been able to rack up well over 150,000 miles, driving him all across America and putting his axle to the test, all along the way. Now, that would include testing it out on dirt, across the sand, through the snow, in the mud, out on tons of rocks and of course, bombing our way across the desert. While it may not look as pretty as the day we got it installed, it is worth nothing is that everything on it is still 100% original. In other words, the housing, ring and pinion, locker, axle shafts and u-joints are all the same things that we've been punishing, all this time. And, it's because of this long resume of use and abuse that we were convinced, a Dynatrac was going to be the axle for us, when it came time to upgrade the one on our Jeep JL Wrangler.

In this feature length video, you'll get learn all about the Dynatrac ProRock 44 being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler, what makes it such an awesome front axle and see how it's made from start to finish, right here in the U.S.A.! We hope you enjoy our presentation and find it to be informative.

Clearly, a ProRock 44 is far from being something everyone needs and I might even go so far as to say, most people may never need. Certainly, churching it up and trying to convince you of otherwise is NOT the reason why Cindy and I decided to make this video series. All we would ever hope to do is share why we chose to get one for our JL Wrangler and based on our experiences running ProRock axles over the last 10 years and across thousands of miles on Moby, Rubicat and even Nemo. However, I wouldn’t want you to take my word for it. Instead, I would encourage you to look through the myriad of videos that we’ve made since 2007 and see for yourself, just how strong and reliable, all our Dynatrac axles have been for us. Thanks for watching.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

:cool:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
This was great! Watching the build process was very interesting. Dynatrac axles are clearly well made, and better yet, made here in the USA!

Did you have to use the factory style bearings in the rear, and was the e-locker used in the rear, or was that an ARB?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This was great! Watching the build process was very interesting. Dynatrac axles are clearly well made, and better yet, made here in the USA!

Did you have to use the factory style bearings in the rear, and was the e-locker used in the rear, or was that an ARB?

So, with the exception of a new ring and pinion, we kept everything the same in the rear. In other words, same e-locker and bearings.

Jeeeep

That was so damn cool! :thumb:

workmanship and not afraid to show it.

At the beginning it looked like 1350 axle shafts that got weighted and not RCV, it that correct? are 1350 axles shafts an option?

those welds are insane! I looked over my Jeep and found similar welds...on my JK PR44 lol

Thanks for doing this, thanks to Dynatrac for showing the process :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That was so damn cool! :thumb:

workmanship and not afraid to show it.

At the beginning it looked like 1350 axle shafts that got weighted and not RCV, it that correct? are 1350 axles shafts an option?

those welds are insane! I looked over my Jeep and found similar welds...on my JK PR44 lol

Thanks for doing this, thanks to Dynatrac for showing the process :thumb:

1350 shafts will be an option but they weren't just yet when this video was made. So glad you enjoyed what you saw :)

Jeeeep

1350 shafts will be an option but they weren't just yet when this video was made. So glad you enjoyed what you saw :)

very cool...
also kudos for disclosing the relationship and not covering it up like so many others online do... :thumb:

JTCO

Meme King
Wow. Fantastic video! It's obvious that you guys put a ton of work into making it. Well done. I never get tired of seeing these axles get built. So cool to see the same guys working there after 10 years; a true American company with solid production and workmanship.

And as Noah said, you really do get used to the backlash sound overtime. I was going to guess .006 before he said what it was, lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
very cool...
also kudos for disclosing the relationship and not covering it up like so many others online do... :thumb:

LOL!! In spite of what some seem to think, we've got nothing to hide. If anything, we're honored to have friends like Jim. But again, it was the performance we've gotten out of our ProRock axles that made us want one for our JL and nothing else.

Pretty impressive process! Thanks for a great video and covering the process.

We're so glad that you could appreciate a video like this. Thank you.

Dynatrac makes some awsome axles. Maybe someday.

They really do what they do well. :yup:

Man, you can really see where the money is going. Awesome video, and a really awesome product.

For sure, their axles aren't cheap but you do get what you pay for. :yup:

Wow. Fantastic video! It's obvious that you guys put a ton of work into making it. Well done. I never get tired of seeing these axles get built. So cool to see the same guys working there after 10 years; a true American company with solid production and workmanship.

And as Noah said, you really do get used to the backlash sound overtime. I was going to guess .006 before he said what it was, lol.

LOL!! Some of these guys like Matt and Steve have been working there for longer than that. A lot longer.

As far as backlash goes, you would be a nerd like that :crazyeyes: :D

Danny

Wow. You have outdone yourselves. Killer video making skills. Very informative and yet super engaging. Eddie you have the talent to be on the camera. It was fun to watch. I know I'm buying a dynatrac prorock 44 for the front my JL for the tight turning radius compared to the prorock 60(not yet developed for JL). 210 lbs seems negligible compared to the durability and peace of mind with an American made product like that. How long do you plan on running the rear m220 with 37's? Im under the basic understanding that the front Advantec axle housing issue with the fad is the cuplrit to weak axle issues limiting the actual good the extra improvements from the new Advantec design. So could the rear Advantec design withstanding the brunt usage of the 37 inch tire long term? If not, a prorock 60 rear is probably the next step. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-T550 using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. You have outdone yourselves. Killer video making skills. Very informative and yet super engaging. Eddie you have the talent to be on the camera. It was fun to watch. I know I'm buying a dynatrac prorock 44 for the front my JL for the tight turning radius compared to the prorock 60(not yet developed for JL). 210 lbs seems negligible compared to the durability and peace of mind with an American made product like that. How long do you plan on running the rear m220 with 37's? Im under the basic understanding that the front Advantec axle housing issue with the fad is the cuplrit to weak axle issues limiting the actual good the extra improvements from the new Advantec design. So could the rear Advantec design withstanding the brunt usage of the 37 inch tire long term? If not, a prorock 60 rear is probably the next step. Cheers.

Thank you. We're truly flattered you would say as much. As you've noted, 40 lbs. over a factory M210 isn't much at all. As far as the rear goes, Dana did okay with it and we'll most likely run it as long as we run 37's. Even Dynatrac feels no need to make a better rear 44. If and when the need arises, a XD60 rear would be what I'd want.

Danny

XD60 freefloat? What bolt pattern? You have such nice wheels on Jet Li. I hate to think you would have to change them. I like your strategy for this build. Looking forward to seeing more of Jet Li upgrades. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Danny

Also, how do you like your choice of new gear ratio? 5.13s I believe it was. How does the 8spd transmission like it at speed? Is the overall balance between mpg and power meet your specifications? What do you average on mpg vs power on new vs old? I'm trying to understand the significance and effects the new speed has on the drivetrain. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

Wow, great video. It’s good to see how much thought and skill goes into making what a first seems like a simple thing. Kudos to Dynatrak for letting you in to make the video, too.

You didn’t say much about it but you replaced your factory u-joints with RCVs. I hate the “crow hopping” that happens with U-joints. Is that why you went with the RCVs?

frenchjk

wow !!!

Oh WOW that axle ROCKS :D

I am impressed at the amount of skills and precision these guys have, the welds are amazing, the mounting is amazing, the detailing is incredible... a real racing team.... nothing is overlooked!

If I ever get an axle for my JK/JL i know where i am going even though they cost an extra arm out here in Europe!!!