Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : A Superior Solution - Comparing a JL Front Axle Housing to a ProRock 44

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Loving this series!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Religiously watching all this and gathering facts for my euro JL, esp with our 2.2 diesel that is heavy on the front axle (I'm not even sure the Euro specs front axle is the same as the US -the axles are CV equiped from factory and a few other minor differences that make me wonder)
    V6 Diesel JL SWB???? If available in Europe!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Great video. Sure shows the benefits of the prorock axle.
    I'm sure there will still be naysayers but I think what we present speaks for itself. Clearly, not something everyone will need but for those who are really using their JL's, it maybe something they'll want sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Works now!

Axle looks great! This video series will sure help a lot of people out.
    I think more than anything, we wanted to educate people about the Advantek front axle and the things we learned about it. Fortunately, Jim was willing to help us do that and of course, use the ProRock 44 as an example of what a real 44 should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by TFD View Post
    Wow. I was hoping to get 2 or 3 years out of the factory axle. Iím definitely going to be careful on the trails this summer. Great to know Dynatrac has developed a solid solution already.
    And, I think it's possible. How long it lasts will depend more on how you drive your Jeep than anything. Of course, the bigger the tire you run, the greater the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    more good info showing potential issues to be aware of...

After seeing the initial FAD design I questioned its strength but then thought nah...they'll have it reinforced well in a Rubicon

Now I'm thinking I should've bought a sport and upgraded the axles
    LOL - no way, not me. The 4:1 transfer case, e-disco and big ass infotainment system alone would have gotten me still wanting a Rubicon. Of course, the rear axle isn't too bad. Well, except for the balls in the pinion bearings with plastic cage.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I would imagine that a human-caused ice age would probably be pretty tough on your stock axles. But my data comes from indirect sources so I can't exactly prove that that might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Eddie, your videos are killing me. Too bad the rubicon axle didnít come with a fad delete option. That alone makes the PR44 desireable. Then the other details just keep adding up.

Thanks for all these short info videos. Keep em coming.
    Well, we're actually done with the short videos but have been burning the midnight oil to make a much longer one that highlights the Building of a ProRock 44. Hoping to get it up tonight so stay tuned

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    Loving this series!
    Glad to hear it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frenchjk View Post
    Religiously watching all this and gathering facts for my euro JL, esp with our 2.2 diesel that is heavy on the front axle (I'm not even sure the Euro specs front axle is the same as the US -the axles are CV equiped from factory and a few other minor differences that make me wonder)
    If I recall, the only axle option that you will have is the M186 and yes, it will come with CV's.

Fresh Catch
    Just finished watching all three videos of the series.

Incredibly helpful and valuable. I love the no nonsense, stick to the facts without over-the-top technical jargon.

I have a PR44 on my JK and have never had an issue or concern.

Based on this, probably going to make this an upgrade once I get my JL.

Great job Eddie and Jim in creating and providing this.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Another fantastic video! When we wheeled Rausch Creek 2 weekends ago no both ddays and myself had our pro rocks just hug and slide over the rocks due to the proprietary design of the housing dynatrac has! Wish we got pics

Quote Originally Posted by RanchoRubi View Post
    Just finished watching all three videos of the series.

Incredibly helpful and valuable. I love the no nonsense, stick to the facts without over-the-top technical jargon.

I have a PR44 on my JK and have never had an issue or concern.

Based on this, probably going to make this an upgrade once I get my JL.

Great job Eddie and Jim in creating and providing this.
    So glad that you've been enjoying the series but I should note that including this episode, we've actually made 4. Should have the big one coming out this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Another fantastic video! When we wheeled Rausch Creek 2 weekends ago no both ddays and myself had our pro rocks just hug and slide over the rocks due to the proprietary design of the housing dynatrac has! Wish we got pics
    Pretty cool to see isn't it

Been Around the Block tallguy26's Avatar
    Everytime a wayalife video comes out my wallet takes off running and screaming.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I love all of these Videos, great job Cindy and Eddie! I will never upgrade to these axles, as modifying a JL here takes a whole lot of effort to be needing such beefy axles. And then, here you dont even need such beefy stuff....
    But I love the details about this whole story and so I watch everything about it

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Quote Originally Posted by tallguy26 View Post
    Everytime a wayalife video comes out my wallet takes off running and screaming.
    Too funny

Quote Originally Posted by MrGiant View Post
    I love all of these Videos, great job Cindy and Eddie! I will never upgrade to these axles, as modifying a JL here takes a whole lot of effort to be needing such beefy axles. And then, here you dont even need such beefy stuff....
    But I love the details about this whole story and so I watch everything about it

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Oh yeah, for most people, there will never be a need for something like this but we hope that they could still learn from videos like this

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast