JL JOURNAL : A Superior Solution - Comparing a JL Front Axle Housing to a ProRock 44

JAGS

Question, if the PR44 JL is the same housing as the JKPR, what is it that requires the RCV shafts in the JL version?

JTCO

Meme King
Question, if the PR44 JL is the same housing as the JKPR, what is it that requires the RCV shafts in the JL version?

Pretty sure the pumpkin is the only thing that's the same so that it can house the JK gears. IIRC, RCV is the only company that is making axles that fit the total axle width of the new wider housing (total axle with on the JL is wider than the JK).

Saddletramp

Love the new video's.

Maybe I missed it but what did you all do Eddie to supply air for the lockers in the PR44?

Trying to figure out where to mount the small ARB compressor under hood and if anyone's come up with a bracket and location yet?

Knew you all were using the portable at first for tires but wasn't sure if you installed a permanent compressor for lockers yet?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the new video's.

Maybe I missed it but what did you all do Eddie to supply air for the lockers in the PR44?

Trying to figure out where to mount the small ARB compressor under hood and if anyone's come up with a bracket and location yet?

Knew you all were using the portable at first for tires but wasn't sure if you installed a permanent compressor for lockers yet?

Well... since you asked, I've designed a bracket for mine and I'm hoping to make and sell them very soon. :crazyeyes:

BillArnett

Very helpful, as usual!

My question is how much punishment can my stock axle take? I'm not into going fast in the desert. When crawling over the rocks I try to go as slow as possible. I never had a problem with my JK on the Rubicon trail or anything that I tried in Moab. (Just for reference I'm OK with Moab Rim and Poison Spider but I haven't tried Pritchett Canyon.) Given that conservative approach what are the most likely things to break my axle?

Let me ask this a different way: can those of you who have seen broken axle housings say more about the circumstances that led to the failure?