Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : A Superior Solution - Comparing a JL Front Axle Housing to a ProRock 44

JL JOURNAL : A Superior Solution - Comparing a JL Front Axle Housing to a ProRock 44

There's little question that the front axles that come on the all new Jeep JL Wrangler are in fact "better" or at least, compare to what came on the JK Wrangler before. However, the question that really needs to be asked is, how much better is better and how does it stack up to something like a ProRock 44? In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see differences between the two axles, areas of concern on the factory one and aspects of the ProRock 44, that truly make it a superior solution. We hope you find the information in our video to be useful.

This is the 4th in a series of JL JOURNAL's that we've been making to help educate people about JL Wrangler's front axle and why you might want to consider a Dynatrac ProRock 44. We hope that you'll find them to be informative. Please check back soon for our next installment.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
    If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    Where did the video go? Maybe it's my phone

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Where did the video go? Maybe it's my phone
    Not really sure what happened. Some kind of glitch on YouTube's end. I think it's working now

Great video. Sure shows the benefits of the prorock axle.

Works now!

Axle looks great! This video series will sure help a lot of people out.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Wow. I was hoping to get 2 or 3 years out of the factory axle. Iím definitely going to be careful on the trails this summer. Great to know Dynatrac has developed a solid solution already.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Very helpful, as usual!

My question is how much punishment can my stock axle take? I'm not into going fast in the desert. When crawling over the rocks I try to go as slow as possible. I never had a problem with my JK on the Rubicon trail or anything that I tried in Moab. (Just for reference I'm OK with Moab Rim and Poison Spider but I haven't tried Pritchett Canyon.) Given that conservative approach what are the most likely things to break my axle?
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

Been Around the Block
    more good info showing potential issues to be aware of...

After seeing the initial FAD design I questioned its strength but then thought nah...they'll have it reinforced well in a Rubicon

Now I'm thinking I should've bought a sport and upgraded the axles

Quote Originally Posted by BillArnett View Post

My question is how much punishment can my stock axle take? I'm not into going fast in the desert. When crawling over the rocks I try to go as slow as possible. I never had a problem with my JK on the Rubicon trail or anything that I tried in Moab. (Just for reference I'm OK with Moab Rim and Poison Spider but I haven't tried Pritchett Canyon.) Given that conservative approach what are the most likely things to break my axle?
    I would imagine that a human-caused ice age would probably be pretty tough on your stock axles. But my data comes from indirect sources so I can't exactly prove that that might happen.

Eddie, your videos are killing me. Too bad the rubicon axle didnít come with a fad delete option. That alone makes the PR44 desireable. Then the other details just keep adding up.

Thanks for all these short info videos. Keep em coming.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast