Noob Here

Jamarti3

Hi All,

New 2019 StingGrey 2.0 JLUR owner here.

Growing up my dad had an old 70s Jeep Wagoneer that he would terrify us kids offroading in when we were younger. We also have a 78 CJ7 sitting in a garage in the high desert that wont pass smog. Pretty sure the wife is frightened of putting her kids in the CJ7 when I mentioned I was going to start working on it. She came up with the idea to test drive and ultimately buying the new JLUR this year! [emoji16]

So we are now getting back into the swing of things. We plan on going on fun off road day trips and weekend camping with out new toy.

I'll probably be asking alot of newbie questions as it's been a while since I've gone 4x4ing and I'm very new to the MOD game.

Great group of people here. I've been stalking the forum a while.

Here's what we got so far.

Jason20190202_095417.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

BillArnett

Welcome! You’ll find a lot of useful information here.

Looks like you’ve already upgraded your wheels and tires. That’s a good first step. But if you haven’t been wheeling for a while I would suggest that you drive what you’ve got now before spending a lot more money. Your new JLUR is incredibly capable as it is. Go out and see what it will do. After you find your limits you can then start to upgrade the parts that are holding you back. Or you may find that it can do everything you want with no further mods.

OTOH, if you enjoy the wrenching then go for it; your pocket book is the only limit :)

Jamarti3

Welcome! You’ll find a lot of useful information here.

Looks like you’ve already upgraded your wheels and tires. That’s a good first step. But if you haven’t been wheeling for a while I would suggest that you drive what you’ve got now before spending a lot more money. Your new JLUR is incredibly capable as it is. Go out and see what it will do. After you find your limits you can then start to upgrade the parts that are holding you back. Or you may find that it can do everything you want with no further mods.

OTOH, if you enjoy the wrenching then go for it; your pocket book is the only limit :)
Great tip. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app