Potential high clearance turn signal option.

So I was on Facebook, and stumbled across a company called American Adventure Lab. I've never heard of them before, but they make a turn signal/drl option for those that want to remove the lower fender sections on their Rubicon. It doesn't look as complete as what Rugged Ridge was offering because it doesn't have the trim on the fender lip, but it's an option that's here now.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1551543496345.jpg
    FB_IMG_1551543496345.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I'm pretty sure that olram30 paid for and pre-ordered one months ago. I'm pretty sure he's still waiting for it though.

JTCO

Meme King
This is one of the first mods I want to do, but I think I'll build my own. Sounds like this company doesn't cater to customers and only supports whores that push their product. Complete bullshit that a customer has to wait 3 months to get an order.

LVZen

How about cutting a circle in the grill under the headlights and installing turn signal lights where they were on the CJs and JKs? That can't be hard to do and the lights are like $20.

JAGS

I’ve been waiting for eddie to do a fender trim video ala JK, but nothing. [emoji6] Been wanting something like the RR option, which is a complete solution.

MrGiant

Saw that lite brite video about the lights, the rest is pretty annoying... Look is great imo and function seems cool as its only one led strip with both colors for dtrl and turning. But that wait is uncool from AAL

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Their homepage states "Now Shipping!!!!" (yes, four exclamation points), which seems pretty dubious to me.

This statement can be found on their product page:

If you have the OEM LED package, our lights will cause a turn signal out warning when you first start your Jeep.

Sounds like it's not ready for prime time.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Their homepage states "Now Shipping!!!!" (yes, four exclamation points), which seems pretty dubious to me.

This statement can be found on their product page:

If you have the OEM LED package, our lights will cause a turn signal out warning when you first start your Jeep.

Sounds like it's not ready for prime time.

The fact that olram ordered when these things were first released and still hasn’t gotten them is enough for me to realize that they are not ready to ship. Hell its been three months. The guy was quick to take his money though.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

LVZen

Go buy a JK. I would prefer my JL not look like the two JK’s in my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah, no doubt I prefer the turn signals on the JK. The lights on the fenders are one of my least favorite aspects of the JL. Call me a traditionalist I guess. Putting them on the grill seems like a pretty easy and cheap solution for people that want to chop the fenders.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Yeah, no doubt I prefer the turn signals on the JK. The lights on the fenders are one of my least favorite aspects of the JL. Call me a traditionalist I guess. Putting them on the grill seems like a pretty easy and cheap solution for people that want to chop the fenders.

You’re a minority. I like the JL front end way better than the JK.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lmao, he could put as many exclamation points as he wants by now shipping. Still don't have mine.

:cheesy: Here - I'll give you a few just for good measure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not that you'll get anything out of it though :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You’re a minority. I like the JL front end way better than the JK.

It's funny, when I first caught wind of the lights being in the fenders, I was put off by it. After seeing it, I LOVE it! The lights being in the grill of the JK were okay but they always looked odd to me the way they were so far out to the side. I mean, I get the reasons for it but it's a far cry from what a CJ had. Still, I love my JK just the way it is and love my JL with the lights in the fenders. It's a big part of what makes a JL a JL :yup:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
It's funny, when I first caught wind of the lights being in the fenders, I was put off by it. After seeing it, I LOVE it! The lights being in the grill of the JK were okay but they always looked odd to me the way they were so far out to the side. I mean, I get the reasons for it but it's a far cry from what a CJ had. Still, I love my JK just the way it is and love my JL with the lights in the fenders. It's a big part of what makes a JL a JL :yup:
That's another reason I took a risk on these lights. Rugged ridge looked awesome, but who knows if they'll produce them. I was turned off by the artec lights because they didn't have that "JL" look.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's another reason I took a risk on these lights. Rugged ridge looked awesome, but who knows if they'll produce them. I was turned off by the artec lights because they didn't have that "JL" look.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Agreed. I looked at the Artec lights too and wasn't thrilled by them. These are about as close to the Rugged Ridge as I've seen and I hope you end up liking them... if you ever get them LOL