JL JOURNAL : Understanding the FAD - How the JL Front Axle Disconnect Works

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I'd have to say that I'm with you on this. I really do hate it more than any other grievance that I might have with the JL. Sure, you can defeat it with this or that but you still have the stupid light on your EVIC.

Although I do use a Tazer JL to defeat mine, I do not have a light on the EVIC... that would indeed push my OCD over the edge.

HawesEA2

While I can see the possible benefit of a fuel conscious person wanting to use the ESS feature, Jeep should have made it so the Jeep owner has to turn that feature ON to use it, not the other way around! It's basically forcing the technology down our throats just because a few people wanted better fuel consumption. I didn't buy my Jeep because I was conscientious about my fuel consumption.

tallguy26

While I can see the possible benefit of a fuel conscious person wanting to use the ESS feature, Jeep should have made it so the Jeep owner has to turn that feature ON to use it, not the other way around! It's basically forcing the technology down our throats just because a few people wanted better fuel consumption. I didn't buy my Jeep because I was conscientious about my fuel consumption.
Exactly. Every car I've ever had that has it you turn it off and it stays off.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app