Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac ProRock 44

Interesting point about the Dana 30 benefit VS Rubicon axles.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    The issue with that is that even on the JK rear 44 housing, the housing itself never really had much of a negative issue. The axle flanges can bend on any semi-float rear even chromoly shafts. So I assume from a manufacturing point of view, there really isn't much demand for a rear 44 housing.
    Along with that, I would think most Jeepers that are running 40s are really going to see the benefit in stepping up to 1 ton axles as that is the ideal way to do it.
    I understand your point but some of us don't need 1 ton axles but need better than stock Sahara axles. When I bought my JL with the trailer towing package I assumed it had M220 axles. Little did I know it had M200 rear axles. I don't really need the 1 ton but may have to go that way since no one is making a Pro Style 44 rear. I do think there is a market for them but until that time I'm between a rock and hard place.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyPap57 View Post
    I understand your point but some of us don't need 1 ton axles but need better than stock Sahara axles. When I bought my JL with the trailer towing package I assumed it had M220 axles. Little did I know it had M200 rear axles. I don't really need the 1 ton but may have to go that way since no one is making a Pro Style 44 rear. I do think there is a market for them but until that time I'm between a rock and hard place.
    There would really be no need to replace it, until you broke it. Maybe youíll never break it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL JOURNAL : Which Would You Want - JL Wrangler Axle Tubes vs Dynatrac ProRock 44

Is the m200 a Dana 44? I thought all Jeep jlís have a d44 in the rear.

IMG_4472.jpg
    Is this a d35 or a d44?

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    Is the m200 a Dana 44? I thought all Jeep jl’s have a d44 in the rear.

Dana 35 Rear Axle in my 2018 JLU Sahara, found out the difference when I went to put in 4.88 gears. There is a difference between the M200 and the M220 axles.

IMG_20190207_164900_105.jpg
    Last edited by HarleyPap57; 02-28-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    IMG_4472.jpg
    Is this a d35 or a d44?

Dana 35 Rear Axle
    Dana 35 has an oval cover. That's definitely not a 35.

diffguardtype.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SSTuner View Post
    Great video and informative. Was there any chat off camera about the FAD "Front Axle Disconnect" and possible weakness point?
    Actually, we will be posting a video that highlights what the FAD is and how it works by tomorrow. We do not cover it as being a possible weak point but in a following video, we do show how this is where all the breaks we've seen have been located.

Dana 35 has an oval cover. That's definitely not a 35.

diffguardtype.jpg
    Thanks so thatís a m200 d44! Awesome

Seeing the front axles have little difference between the Sahara and Rubicon I bet the rear axles are close also and those 37" and 40" tires are hard on the rear as well as the front. Really need Dynatrac and Dana to come out with Ultimate 44 or Pro Rock 44 rear axle. Not everyone wants a Pro Rock or Ultimate 60 rear with it's 6 or 8 lug hubs.
    eh, not exactly. Even on the JK, the rear Dana 44 was a true 44 in that it came with 3" diameter tubes. With the exception of it being a semi-float axle, it did okay up to 37" tires. Bent shaft flanges was probably the biggest issue with them. And, if you're really bending flanges that much, you really need to be running a full float axle and that would be a 60.

The issue with that is that even on the JK rear 44 housing, the housing itself never really had much of a negative issue. The axle flanges can bend on any semi-float rear even chromoly shafts. So I assume from a manufacturing point of view, there really isn't much demand for a rear 44 housing.
    Along with that, I would think most Jeepers that are running 40s are really going to see the benefit in stepping up to 1 ton axles as that is the ideal way to do it.
    This ^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    Interesting point about the Dana 30 benefit VS Rubicon axles.
    Crazy, isn't it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast