And so it begins....

VitaMeVas

After 3 months of waiting....she’s finally here!!! So excited to have the new JL. After getting the kids to bed, I tinkered with some of the gadgets, put on cool techs cb mount with a magnet for my phone, mopar locking wheel lugs, rugged ridge door sill guards, and a screen protector. Nothing crazy, but I’ve got boxes of toys to open. Thanks to Eddie, today is JL Tazer day and stickers. Winch soon to follow. Had to say goodbye to Eugene (my JKU), but the JL has so many creature comforts.

Attachments

• A0B770F8-A124-4CA1-93F2-D0BC961262E9.jpeg
    A0B770F8-A124-4CA1-93F2-D0BC961262E9.jpeg
    411.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 795E8DBA-7B93-48BA-B88E-B095963B683E.jpg
    795E8DBA-7B93-48BA-B88E-B095963B683E.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 7FFF063D-7772-4616-8496-E42C04B139DE.jpg
    7FFF063D-7772-4616-8496-E42C04B139DE.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 2FE40399-5EA1-4249-B6F2-447A6D1F7C63.jpg
    2FE40399-5EA1-4249-B6F2-447A6D1F7C63.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 248
  • 5F49D14D-D9FE-4A83-A0CA-AADEA41255B4.jpg
    5F49D14D-D9FE-4A83-A0CA-AADEA41255B4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 250

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
Congrats, it looks like the rugged ridge door sil protectors are better than the mopar ones. the mopar ones don't even cover the top lip of the sil (the spot I think would be more apt. to hit)

Supercharged

Congrats, it looks like the rugged ridge door sil protectors are better than the mopar ones. the mopar ones don't even cover the top lip of the sil (the spot I think would be more apt. to hit)
Agreed, while they look nice, functionally the Jeep ones kind of suck. The RR version are much nicer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VitaMeVas

:celebrate:

Congrats - great looking Jeep!. What winch are you mounting?

I would love to say Warn, but one of the few keepers from my JKU is an Engo 10 K synthetic. My wife did buy me the Warn mounting plate for Christmas. Just hope it all fits in there. Everyone says it’s a snug fit regardless.

VitaMeVas

Agreed, while they look nice, functionally the Jeep ones kind of suck. The RR version are much nicer.

I looked for awhile and actually bought the mopar ones initially. It really bugged me that the main seam wasn’t covered. Then I came across the rugged ridge ones. They’re thick, flexible rubber and have great coverage where it’s needed. Simple but very useful.

ddays v2

I would love to say Warn, but one of the few keepers from my JKU is an Engo 10 K synthetic. My wife did buy me the Warn mounting plate for Christmas. Just hope it all fits in there. Everyone says it’s a snug fit regardless.

That should fit better than the Zeon I shoehorned in mine. I ended up cutting the bumper mounting flanges so I could get the damn thing in there. Good luck! Post up some pics of the install - I'm curious to see how well other winches fit in between the frame rails.

VitaMeVas

Tazer and Tattoos

Installed the JL Tazer Mini today. Thanks to Eddie's videos, it was an easy install/program. I did disable the AP Kill and it worked when I backed up with the drivers side door open once. Then it stopped working. I changed the setting again, but I can't get it to stay. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'll have to search and see if anyone else has had issues.

PUxgqhtwTJiZv8RkOhRzDw.jpg

Then some Tattoos (ie stickers). Happy to express my allegiance to the JL Wrangler Forum and hope to contribute more in the future. Unfortunately, my knowledge is usually what 'not' to do. Found a 'Jeep Juice' sticker and have a few more to do, but it feels good to make it my own. My wife has a big stash of adhesive vinyl and a cricut machine. She's making me a few for the red dash. Man, I love the granite metallic with the red accents.

INm0jylPQqmLa5gAB1M1uA.jpgSGbZIZRRQeW+VntlIMaI%Q.jpg

fullsizeoutput_585.jpgfullsizeoutput_583.jpg

Jeeeep

congrats! really like that granite color

I have the Mopar sill protectors and was disappointed that they don't cover more. Think I'll go with RR, those look good.

Is that phone mount mounted behind the trim?

VitaMeVas

I have the Mopar sill protectors and was disappointed that they don't cover more. Think I'll go with RR, those look good.

Get the RR, it’s worth it and has a larger footprint.

Is that phone mount mounted behind the trim?[/QUOTE]

Yes, very easy install. Check out Cool Tech LLC.
https://www.cooltechllc.com/2018-jeep-wrangler-jl/104-jl-mic-mount.html

Just installed a magnet rather than the cb hook. The only downfall is that it amounts right in front of the heater vent.

Jdofmemi

Glad I read this. I had the Mopar ones in my cart, but hadn't checked out yet. Just found the RR ones. Much better.

VitaMeVas

Will an older Engo Winch fit??

Today, I started by removing the upper air dam and lower steel skid plate off the factory JL Rubicon steel bumper (which i love).
fullsizeoutput_593.jpg
Set those pics to the side. Only the steel skid will be reused.
fullsizeoutput_58f.jpg
Here's a shot with the front bumper removed.
fullsizeoutput_592.jpg
And the rear side of the factory steel bumper. You can see the only wire harness connection on the passenger side.
fullsizeoutput_591.jpg