Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

Also, since Im sure you are needing some space in your workshop and you just took the Dynatrac lift off, Id be happy to help and you could send it to me! jk or maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    watching this again did not help my lift choise overload lol

I'm fighting the inevitable

It is surprising how much lift you get out of a stated 3.5” lift as well as how many extra parts you needed on this kit.

Maybe a 2.5” Rancho kit will be about 3-3.5”.

Great video as always and no sugar coating.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Quote Originally Posted by MSUConrad View Post
    Hows the ride on these new coils and shocks? Going that tall, Im worried about the on-road manners. Any thoughts yet?
    RS9000XL shocks are adjustable and can be made to ride pretty much however you like. Needless to say, they are quite nice for our taste. At this height, you really need to have adjustable control arms to help dial in your caster and pinion in the rear and a track bar relocation bracket in the rear as well as adjustable track bars will be needed to help things out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverinechop View Post
    Another great video.

I see the link for the kit includes the CAs; whats your opinion of them? I know you have the EVO adjustable CAs installed but believe you saw the Ranchos at SEMA.
    The EVO adjustable control arms use Currie Johnny Joints and they have always been our preferred setup. The Rancho control arms are new and we do hope to test them out but until we do, I can't say for sure how they'll fair by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Spack View Post
    Im excited to get home and be able to watch this.
    We hope you enjoy it and find it to be informative

Quote Originally Posted by Riverinechop View Post
    Also, since Im sure you are needing some space in your workshop and you just took the Dynatrac lift off, Id be happy to help and you could send it to me! jk or maybe not.
    LOL!! We typically send back products that we test so that the manufacturer in question can do more R&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeeep View Post
    watching this again did not help my lift choise overload lol

I'm fighting the inevitable
    LOL!! It's a good kit.

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    It is surprising how much lift you get out of a stated 3.5 lift as well as how many extra parts you needed on this kit.

Maybe a 2.5 Rancho kit will be about 3-3.5.

Great video as always and no sugar coating.
    This is correct. If you're wanting a 3" lift, I would recommend that you consider their 2" Sport Lift as that's about what we got out of it.

Off the wall question

Hey, love and have watched all the videos and in the last couple I noticed you have some plastic caps to cover the wheel hubs. Where did you get them, size, etc?

Caught the Bug
    Great video as usual. I could relate to hitting your head. I installed our lift on jack stands, and being 6'4" our jeep Dorothy got a few new names. I had to pray a little longer that night lol. I'm interested in how those fox shocks you took off performed.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokyMTNJeepguy View Post
    Hey, love and have watched all the videos and in the last couple I noticed you have some plastic caps to cover the wheel hubs. Where did you get them, size, etc?
    LOL!! If you can believe it, they're just as set of these https://amzn.to/2NyjrOP

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassjlu View Post
    Great video as usual. I could relate to hitting your head. I installed our lift on jack stands, and being 6'4" our jeep Dorothy got a few new names. I had to pray a little longer that night lol. I'm interested in how those fox shocks you took off performed.
    The Fox 2.0's that you see were specifically made to work with the Dynatrac Endurosport coils. Together, they provided a great ride.

Hows the rough country track bar holding up? Any rust,or things you notice that arent right with it? And also would you recommend it to a fellow jeeper

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Great video as always

I never would have guessed that the axle wouldn't drop far enough to get those springs in...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast