Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JL JOURNAL : Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

Quote Originally Posted by Rgk401 View Post
    How’s the rough country track bar holding up? Any rust,or things you notice that aren’t right with it? And also would you recommend it to a fellow jeeper
    So far, it's holding up well. It's basically the same China track bar that TeraFlex has been selling for years. I would prefer not to have run it but it was cheap, available on Amazon and I needed something in a pinch. I hope to replace it with something better in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    Great video as always

I never would have guessed that the axle wouldn't drop far enough to get those springs in...
    LOL!! These damn coils were crazy tall!

Caught the Bug

JL JOURNAL : Bumping Up to a Rancho 3.5 Inch Lift

Were you getting your drive shaft to rub on the gas tank skid plate before this lift? Or did that only start after you installed this lift?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

[QUOTE=wayoflife;40542]LOL!! If you can believe it, they're just as set of these https://amzn.to/2NyjrOP

I'll try them, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheChucklesStart View Post
    Were you getting your drive shaft to rub on the gas tank skid plate before this lift? Or did that only start after you installed this lift?
    We were getting the rub on the gas tank after installing these coils.

Bump stops

So you switched bump stops with this spring change, was there an issue with the bump stop that was already installed?... Is bump stop height dictated by wheel/tire combination or are there other factors that need to be considered?

Quote Originally Posted by CalSgt View Post
    So you switched bump stops with this spring change, was there an issue with the bump stop that was already installed?... Is bump stop height dictated by wheel/tire combination or are there other factors that need to be considered?
    You typically want to run as much bump stop extension as you have lift. While there are benefits to running bump stop extensions like helping to mitigate rubbing of the fenders, the main reason to run them is to help prevent the over compression of your coils. As in - compressing them so much that they no longer return to their original height.

Thanks, that makes sense. I wasn’t thinking about spring damage, only damage larger tires would do to the body

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123