Static

Hooligan_JL

I’ll start by saying that this isn’t a permanent radio for me, but I am asking this question to gain information on what exactly is causing this on my JL.

I was invited by a group of friends to join them for a Death Valley trip this past weekend. They all use hard wired ham radios for communications. Since this was a last minute thing for me, I purchased a handheld type radio while I get my ham license.

Well, the radio would had so much static sound once I was in my JL and put the vehicle into gear. If the vehicle was in park without stepping on the brakes, the radio was perfectly fine. Once I stepped on the brake and put it into drive, the radio would not shut up. Anyone have any ideas as to what could cause this? I turned off my stereo and nothing. If I put the radio on the back seat, it was fine. It needed to be far enough from the dash to not create the noise. I tried the radio on my buddies Jeeps and it worked perfectly. Only on the JL did it create noise.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Wrangler-Joe

Noise

I also have a JL and have heard some noise. I have a Baofeng Handheld radio and I increased the squelch setting. On the Baofeng the squelch is set via the menu, not by a squelch knob Worked for me.