Thread: Wheel Spacers

Wheel Spacers

I'm planning to keep the Rubicon wheels on my Sport S but intend to go to a 35" in the future but also want to push the tires out for aesthetic purposes for now. Thinking about a 1.5" spacer, nothing too crazy.

I think this is a pretty good topic for discussion. I've talked to some local folks on both sides of the fence on this topic. What is the consensus here?

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Following

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged View Post
    I'm planning to keep the Rubicon wheels on my Sport S but intend to go to a 35" in the future but also want to push the tires out for aesthetic purposes for now. Thinking about a 1.5" spacer, nothing too crazy.

I think this is a pretty good topic for discussion. I've talked to some local folks on both sides of the fence on this topic. What is the consensus here?

Any time the tires are pushed out more, it will cause faster wear on unit bearings and ball joints, but whether or not the average person will be able to keep track of the accelerated wear is debatable.

Whatever you do, go with a quality brand like Spidertrax. Dont go with a cheap eBay set. I speak from experience and have seen other people have very dangerous situations with the cheap ones.

I have the spidertrax 1.75Ē spacers. I donít put a ton of miles on so itís really not a concern for me and I donít mind keeping an eye on things, like you would beadlocks. Saved some $$$ not buying new wheels now. Also if you are running 35ís with stock rim the stock spare carrier works well.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Any time the tires are pushed out more, it will cause faster wear on unit bearings and ball joints, but whether or not the average person will be able to keep track of the accelerated wear is debatable.

Whatever you do, go with a quality brand like Spidertrax. Dont go with a cheap eBay set. I speak from experience and have seen other people have very dangerous situations with the cheap ones.
    This ^^^^

Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks for the input, gents. Would the synergy spacers meet your criteria for a good spacer?

Hooked
    I HAD used spacers for over 19 years and I used expensive/well known MFG's and cheaper unknown MFG's--

More important than the MFG is your diligence in torque/100 mile check and 5oo mile checks--check every tire change/rotation and use the torque value recommended by each MFG--

If you think that having to check that often is BS--that's where the SPACER trouble comes from---you should us the PROPER WHEEL/BACKSPACE and FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS--

W.E.

JIMBO