Courtesy lighting

CalSgt

Courtesy lights were my weekend project, get the mopar switches installed yesterday & mounted rock lights today

light 1.jpg

light 2.jpg

light 3.jpg

light 4.jpg

JTCO

Meme King
Did those come with the metal brackets or did you get those separately? And self-tapping screws or nuts/bolts?

CalSgt

Did those come with the metal brackets or did you get those separately? And self-tapping screws or nuts/bolts?

The brackets are just some 1” X 1/8” aluminum flat stock that I bent to aim the lights. I bent a coat hanger to the shape I needed then used it as a pattern for the flat stock. I mounted them to the stock rock rail mounts with M8 1.25 pitch X 1” bolts then mounted the lights to the bar with 1/4” bolts and lock nuts. I could have bolted the lights right to the rock rail bolt holes but my aftermarket sliders would have blocked the lights from the tires. The front mounting hole is almost entirely under the slider bracket.

ETA: I used some self tappers to mount the front lights to the bottom of the turn signals.

Last edited:

MrGiant

Very bright lights, incredible. Looks like the mounts do their job, hopefully they dont rotate due to vibrations and get in the tires way when articulating.
But, nice job! Again, I love the aux switch option/upgrade

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

CalSgt

Very bright lights, incredible. Looks like the mounts do their job, hopefully they dont rotate due to vibrations and get in the tires way when articulating.
But, nice job! Again, I love the aux switch option/upgrade

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

I'm going to go back and blue loctite the mount bolts later, I wanted to make sure they were positioned good before I did that though. Theres no way for them to work their way into the tires path even at a full flex, but they could vibrate loose & get torn off by brush or rocks I guess...