Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 LA AUTO SHOW - Mojito Green Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

2017 LA AUTO SHOW - Mojito Green Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

Jeep used the 2017 LA Auto Show to do more than just reveal the all new JL Wrangler, they also used it to show how Mopar is all ready to sell aftermarket parts for it. Of the JL's they had on display, this Rubicon Unlimited in a gorgeous Mojito Green metallic and outfitted with just about every Mopar part made for the JL to date including a 2" lift and snorkel and man, it looked absolutely awesome and ready to rock! Did I mention how much I love the color on this thing - man, I so wish it was available when we placed our order.

It was nice to see the front bumper on this JL Rubicon with the end caps removed to make it into a stubby.

Here you can see how the Mopar snorkel still works with the higher Rubicon JL fender.

Even though the A-Pillar no longer has bolts to work with, Jeep made sure to include bolts on the cowl so that you can still install aftermarket products such as light brackets.

Shot of the front suspension system and axle.

A view of the rear end.

A look at the JL Wrangler tail light with safety sensor.

3rd brake light relocation above the back up camera.

Here's what this JL Wrangler looks like from under its rear end.

So nice to see how much room there still is under the fenders even with 35" tires installed.

Here's what the dash looks like with silver trim instead of red.

View of the skid plates under this JL Wrangler.

Here's what the front end of the JL Wrangler looks like from underneath the middle of it looking forward.

And what it looks like looking toward the rear.

The JL Wrangler with a 3.6L motor still has an exhaust loop on the driver side but one nice improvement is that the exhaust cross over has been changed so that the front drive shaft no longer makes contact with it when lifted.

Loving the color. May be the angle of the photo, but the cargo area looks deeper than the JK.

Whatís isnít there to love about this!?! All it needs is 37ís and you could rock it as is!

Quote Originally Posted by Cozdude View Post
    Whatís isnít there to love about this!?! All it needs is 37ís and you could rock it as is!
    I'm betting you could do it with 2" of lift and the inner fenders removed. At least, I think I'm gonna try that

Hooked
    This one looks awesome! I like the silver dash over the red I've been seeing

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Been Around the Block
    what's on the back of the rear seats?

is it a cargo deck leveling platform? the holes for mounting some other accessories? looks interesting

Fresh Catch
    Man, the more I see the more I like the Jeep.

2015 JKU Rubicon

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I'm betting you could do it with 2" of lift and the inner fenders removed. At least, I think I'm gonna try that
    I heard from some interview that Jeep claims the new axle can hold up 35'. This seems to be an official announcement.

In the past, people just assume that the JK axles (both D30 and D44) can hold up 35's easily without much mod. And I don't see any reason to overbuild a JK axle just for 35'.

If this is the case, does this mean that the beefed up new JL axle can handle 37's without major upgrades? This is great news for a lot of folks on the budget but want to go bigger! And with the high-line fender standard on Rubicon, going 37's is much easier now on JL than on a JK.

I am so tempted now...

This is really nice. I LOVE that color!

So cool, thanks for all the great photos! That color is awesome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast