I'll never complain about the price of Jeep parts againšŸ¤ÆšŸ¤£

My daughter has loved horses her entire life. I told her to keep straight A's in school, and we'd let her ride. Last year we got her riding lessons which quickly turned into equestrian competition lol. We gotta go today to get her a custom fitted shirt, vest, and jods (riding pants.) She'll wear these maybe 6 times this year. The cost...$1500. That doesn't include the $250 helmet, $250 boots, $3000 saddle, lessons, entry fees (no winnings) or the fact if she advances enough $30-50k for a competitive horse. I'm never complaining about the price of Jeep parts again lol. But she's Daddy's girl so ya know how that goes, she's worth it. Thankfully my son just loves football, and monster trucks.

Jdofmemi

Not to mention, with a Jeep, when you park it, it doesn't burn any gas, the tires, brakes, and other stuff doesn't wear out, unless it sits so long it rots.

A horse, it eats, shits, wears out it's shoes, and costs to board it whether you ride it or not.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to mention, with a Jeep, when you park it, it doesn't burn any gas, the tires, brakes, and other stuff doesn't wear out, unless it sits so long it rots.

A horse, it eats, shits, wears out it's shoes, and costs to board it whether you ride it or not.

LOL!! This ^^^^

YAHAHA

Just wait until your son wants a monster truck of his own.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

MrGiant

Really funny little story [emoji16]
Your son's monster truck surely cant keep up to a horse and all the equipment needed [emoji12] maybe if its a scale rc truck

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

ddays v2

Brother, you're just getting started! My kids started like yours and we ended up travelling all over. They were heavy into the Three Day Eventing and even got to compete at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington several times. Talk about an absolutely awesome place! It sure wasn't cheap, but man we sure did have fun. Mine are all grown up now and we finally got down to just one horse. Then my sister-in-law gave my wife a free horse a year and a half ago so she'd have someone else to ride with.

This is the bullshit a "free horse" leads to! :cheesy:

Mrs g.jpg

G2.jpg

Can't complain though. now when I need Jeep parts, I just point out the window and argument is over!

Edit: Ok, gotta brag on one of my daughters. This is our last trip to KHP. This level was starting to get to the scary jump heights for me. We still have this guy - he's the last one before we got the wife's new ones

r3.jpg

Last edited:
Brother, you're just getting started! My kids started like yours and we ended up travelling all over. They were heavy into the Three Day Eventing and even got to compete at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington several times. Talk about an absolutely awesome place! It sure wasn't cheap, but man we sure did have fun. Mine are all grown up now and we finally got down to just one horse. Then my sister-in-law gave my wife a free horse a year and a half ago so she'd have someone else to ride with.

This is the bullshit a "free horse" leads to! :cheesy:

View attachment 9066

View attachment 9067

Can't complain though. now when I need Jeep parts, I just point out the window and argument is over!

Edit: Ok, gotta brag on one of my daughters. This is our last trip to KHP. This level was starting to get to the scary jump heights for me. We still have this guy - he's the last one before we got the wife's new ones

View attachment 9068

That's awesome! We live about 40 minutes from The Kentucky Horse Park, and it is an amazing place. The clothes she's being tailored for tonight are just for competing at the horse park lol. I've pretty much given up on the idea of getting a Gladiator with 60s on 40s.

Really funny little story [emoji16]
Your son's monster truck surely cant keep up to a horse and all the equipment needed [emoji12] maybe if its a scale rc truck

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

He wants one of these mini monster trucks. I told him, "dude, you're 6 years old... no."

Attachments

• 20190222_141814.jpg
    20190222_141814.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 52

ddays v2

And bites, and kicks too for good measure. The thoroughbred she's riding now has quite the attitude.

LOL, The pic I posted is also a thoroughbred. Flashy is his name. Ex track horse. He's still full of cat piss & vinegar at 25. EVERY time I turn him loose in the pasture is an goddam adventure.
From pulling the high-ho silver routine to pulling the damn lead rope out of my hands even when you're ready for it, it's always something. :crazyeyes:

MrGiant

Do I have to say that I totally understand this 6yo, what a cool thing. In comparison to your daughter....that is the beginner horse and the competition thing costs morešŸ¤£

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

wibornz

My wife is into horses. Jeeps are very inexpensive. Horse trailer cost more that a JLUR. Then of course the truck to pull it cost more that a JLUR. Then there is boarding fees, vet bills, fairiers, grain, hay and don't forget the tack. Saddles are a couple grand, saddle blankets are 300, got to have four or five sets of raines at 60 dollars a pop, and fly spray, 30 bucks a bottle, and horse treats, 35 buck a bag, Then there is horse lessons, and week long horse trips, O shift forgot the motorhome, so they can hang out in something when they are gone for the weekend.

I think my wifes, monthly expenditures is right around 800+ a month after buying all said above horse related stuff. Jeeping is cheap. One of her girlfriends that she rides with has a 90,000 dollar trailer and a 80,000 dollar truck and 40,000 dollar horses....Yes, more than one.......Then you have to build the horse arena/horse barn...250,000 dollars......Jeeps are really cheap.

The only thing good about your daughter liking horses, is what ever man she likes will have to be jacked with cash, handy, own land, able to work hard, to keep her in horses. He will have to be a mans man. So that is not all bad from a fathers view point.

GOOD LUCK!

This is what her money bought
13177510_1199479990092307_6789194296297544808_n.jpg

Her other horse for trails......Notice all the desiel trucks and 50,000+ dollar trailers in the back ground....
11169247_1009637775743197_6753064701441049132_n.jpg

My wife is into horses. Jeeps are very inexpensive. Horse trailer cost more that a JLUR. Then of course the truck to pull it cost more that a JLUR. Then there is boarding fees, vet bills, fairiers, grain, hay and don't forget the tack. Saddles are a couple grand, saddle blankets are 300, got to have four or five sets of raines at 60 dollars a pop, and fly spray, 30 bucks a bottle, and horse treats, 35 buck a bag, Then there is horse lessons, and week long horse trips, O shift forgot the motorhome, so they can hang out in something when they are gone for the weekend.

I think my wifes, monthly expenditures is right around 800+ a month after buying all said above horse related stuff. Jeeping is cheap. One of her girlfriends that she rides with has a 90,000 dollar trailer and a 80,000 dollar truck and 40,000 dollar horses....Yes, more than one.......Then you have to build the horse arena/horse barn...250,000 dollars......Jeeps are really cheap.

The only thing good about your daughter liking horses, is what ever man she likes will have to be jacked with cash, handy, own land, able to work hard, to keep her in horses. He will have to be a mans man. So that is not all bad from a fathers view point.

GOOD LUCK!

Her other horse for trails......Notice all the desiel trucks and 50,000+ dollar trailers in the back ground....

That's very true. I have the diesel truck to pull the trailer, but thankfully I won't need a trailer for awhile as our trainer handles all that. I gotta admit seeing my daughter so excited and proud tonight getting fitted made the money irrelevant. That's probably why she's Daddy's girl too.

MrGiant

Im so glad I am not in danger of ever getting a horse. Incredible amounts

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

JeepGA

GOOD LUCK!

My wife is a trainer here in GA. As expensive as the horse world is, none of the money seems to get to the service provider. I had to buy a 9 horse trailer for the business, a truck to pull it, and utility vehicles for the farm. Not getting repaid.

My jeep definitely looks cheap in comparison

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk