Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'll never complain about the price of Jeep parts again🤯🤣

Caught the Bug

I'll never complain about the price of Jeep parts again🤯🤣

My daughter has loved horses her entire life. I told her to keep straight A's in school, and we'd let her ride. Last year we got her riding lessons which quickly turned into equestrian competition lol. We gotta go today to get her a custom fitted shirt, vest, and jods (riding pants.) She'll wear these maybe 6 times this year. The cost...$1500. That doesn't include the $250 helmet, $250 boots, $3000 saddle, lessons, entry fees (no winnings) or the fact if she advances enough $30-50k for a competitive horse. I'm never complaining about the price of Jeep parts again lol. But she's Daddy's girl so ya know how that goes, she's worth it. Thankfully my son just loves football, and monster trucks.

Holy shit. That is a lot of money.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Holy shit. That is a lot of money.
    Yeah, and I forgot to mention the $700 a month boarding fee at the stable for the horse.

Not to mention, with a Jeep, when you park it, it doesn't burn any gas, the tires, brakes, and other stuff doesn't wear out, unless it sits so long it rots.

A horse, it eats, shits, wears out it's shoes, and costs to board it whether you ride it or not.
    His: 2015 JKUR

Hers: 2018 JLUR

Quote Originally Posted by Jdofmemi View Post
    Not to mention, with a Jeep, when you park it, it doesn't burn any gas, the tires, brakes, and other stuff doesn't wear out, unless it sits so long it rots.

A horse, it eats, shits, wears out it's shoes, and costs to board it whether you ride it or not.
    LOL!! This ^^^^

Been Around the Block
    Just wait until your son wants a monster truck of his own.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Really funny little story
    Your son's monster truck surely cant keep up to a horse and all the equipment needed maybe if its a scale rc truck

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Brother, you're just getting started! My kids started like yours and we ended up travelling all over. They were heavy into the Three Day Eventing and even got to compete at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington several times. Talk about an absolutely awesome place! It sure wasn't cheap, but man we sure did have fun. Mine are all grown up now and we finally got down to just one horse. Then my sister-in-law gave my wife a free horse a year and a half ago so she'd have someone else to ride with.

This is the bullshit a "free horse" leads to!

Mrs g.jpg

G2.jpg

Can't complain though. now when I need Jeep parts, I just point out the window and argument is over!

Edit: Ok, gotta brag on one of my daughters. This is our last trip to KHP. This level was starting to get to the scary jump heights for me. We still have this guy - he's the last one before we got the wife's new ones

r3.jpg
    Last edited by ddays v2; 02-22-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Brother, you're just getting started! My kids started like yours and we ended up travelling all over. They were heavy into the Three Day Eventing and even got to compete at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington several times. Talk about an absolutely awesome place! It sure wasn't cheap, but man we sure did have fun. Mine are all grown up now and we finally got down to just one horse. Then my sister-in-law gave my wife a free horse a year and a half ago so she'd have someone else to ride with.

This is the bullshit a "free horse" leads to!

Mrs g.jpg

G2.jpg

Can't complain though. now when I need Jeep parts, I just point out the window and argument is over!

Edit: Ok, gotta brag on one of my daughters. This is our last trip to KHP. This level was starting to get to the scary jump heights for me. We still have this guy - he's the last one before we got the wife's new ones

r3.jpg
    That's awesome! We live about 40 minutes from The Kentucky Horse Park, and it is an amazing place. The clothes she's being tailored for tonight are just for competing at the horse park lol. I've pretty much given up on the idea of getting a Gladiator with 60s on 40s.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! This ^^^^
    And bites, and kicks too for good measure. The thoroughbred she's riding now has quite the attitude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast