Gladiator mods vs JL mods

JTCO

Meme King
Does anyone (paging Scott) know if certain JL mods will be the same for the Gladiators? Like front bumpers, fenders, steering, suspension, etc?

JTCO

Meme King
From what they have said it’s a different frame.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the width is different. If not, it would be nice to know if bumpers or interior cages etc will be the same. Trying to plan accordingly. Just got the pre-underwriters (wife) involved in the build.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone (paging Scott) know if certain JL mods will be the same for the Gladiators? Like front bumpers, fenders, steering, suspension, etc?

From what I have seen in person, the front end is basically a JL. Things like front bumper should be exactly the same and so should suspension components. The rear is where things are definitely different. If I recall, the rear bumper is supposed to come in steel standard (at least on the Rubicon) and it's not the same as the JL.

Piginajeep

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the width is different. If not, it would be nice to know if bumpers or interior cages etc will be the same. Trying to plan accordingly. Just got the pre-underwriters (wife) involved in the build.

I would guess it’s the same like Adam said, it’s just different on the back end.

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
That's right. I do remember one of the Jeep employees saying that in the video; wider openings for air flow and cooling. Wonder if it's the whole grill though.
That part I didn't understand. I saw a side by side picture and I did notice the opening was larger, couldn't tell if it was the whole grill.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Saharaunlmtd

From what I have seen in person, the front end is basically a JL. Things like front bumper should be exactly the same and so should suspension components. The rear is where things are definitely different. If I recall, the rear bumper is supposed to come in steel standard (at least on the Rubicon) and it's not the same as the JL.

You may know this now from seeing Mel’s; is the base model’s rear bumper steel?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Arod412

Doing some due diligence (seems like the fancy term people use nowadays) on all of this good stuff and I’m learning a lot. I even viewed a YouTube video in that even the door cutouts are the same...for that specific reason in that you can use JL parts. However it is a different frame to handle more of the pickup towing and payload....so I’m guessing here (and please correct me if I’m wrong) basically everything from the doors to the front are the same.

Still learning on the suspension side of things...to see if it’s upgraded or not...because the base gladiator does have 4x4 standard...so does that mean all of them are trailrated?

Last edited: