Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 LA AUTO SHOW - Granite Crystal Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited

I love this interior with the stitching. Not sure how it will all hold up and how hard it will be to keep clean, but I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I like the cargo and the removable top panels. Thanks for the awesome coverage!

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Before the 2018 LA Auto Show came to an end, I asked OverlanderJL if he could grab pics of a few things that I missed on this JL Wrangler Sahara and thought that some of you might be interested in seeing. First up are a few pics of the SKY ONE-TOUCH power top that give you a close up look at its tracks from above.

This is what the SKY ONE-TOUCH power top look like when viewing the channel they slide through at eye level.

Here you can what the SKY ONE-TOUCH power top support bars look like from the inside looking up.

Here's the magic box that operates the SKY ONE-TOUCH power top.

Some of you might also be interested to know that this Sahara has the Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD and therefore comes with front axle shafts with CV joints instead of u-joints.

Again, a BIG THANKS to OverlanderJL for getting this shots before the show ends

2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Some of you might also be interested to know that this Sahara has the Selec-Trac Full Time 4WD and therefore comes with front axle shafts with CV joints instead of u-joints.
    Do you have any idea why they do this? My WJ is AWD and it came with CV joints. When I installed the ProRock, it now has ujoint shafts and I don't notice a single difference.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post

Thanks for the extra pictures.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Do you have any idea why they do this? My WJ is AWD and it came with CV joints. When I installed the ProRock, it now has ujoint shafts and I don't notice a single difference.
    Itís due to crow hop. You get a significant amount of crow hop on dry pavement with it in full time if you use cardan joints. cvs eliminate this. The folks most likely to buy the full time case wouldnít accept even the minimal crow hop when driving it in 4auto.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    Itís due to crow hop. You get a significant amount of crow hop on dry pavement with it in full time if you use cardan joints. cvs eliminate this. The folks most likely to buy the full time case wouldnít accept even the minimal crow hop when driving it in 4auto.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Thanks for the info. I just googled "crow hop" and I actually do feel this. I figured it was related to my new ARB lockers. I only feel it on sharp left turns like in a parking lot. It isn't obnoxious or worrisome, but I definitely feel it.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just googled "crow hop" and I actually do feel this. I figured it was related to my new ARB lockers. I only feel it on sharp left turns like in a parking lot. It isn't obnoxious or worrisome, but I definitely feel it.
    Ya you'll mainly feel it during low speed maneuvers on dry pavement at sharp turning angles. Would it bother me? No. Would it bother a typical Sahara customer who just bought a new Jeep? Probably.

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Oh yeah, the crow hop is one of the things that RCV points out when trying to sell their shafts. Too bad for them that the lack of it doesn't fix the annoying loud snapping and popping you hear from them over time.

I can definitely see where a person who buys a Sahara with AWD would find this to be a problem. Me, I'll stick with my CTM u-joints

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast