Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 LA AUTO SHOW - Granite Crystal Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited

2017 LA AUTO SHOW - Granite Crystal Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited

The very first Jeep JL Wrangler Cindy and I saw at the 2017 LA Auto Show was this granite crystal Sahara and in addition to its refined leather interior, we were pleased to see that it came with a hard top that came with a powered rag top and removable side panels. It was tough to get good shots of it with the crowds there but here are a few photos of what it looked like.

The side panels are extremely light and super easy to remove.

Here's what the powered rag top looks like fully opened.

View of the sky from the inside.

I really liked the optional cargo tracks that it had installed.

Here are a couple of shots of what the ADJUSTABLE 3rd brake light looks like.

For those of you who chose to get the safety package, the rear sensors are located in the black boxes that you see in the tail lights.

As you'll notice here, the Sahara's come with a simple hood that has a blister but no vents like what you see on Rubicon hoods.

Here's a shots of what the Sahara's look like from the front with LED head lights and their uniquely styled bumper.

Here's a good view of what the standard front fenders look like on both Sport and Sahara model JL Wranglers.

This is what the Sahara wheels look like.

These interior shots show how the JL Wrangler Sahara's come with a leather dash complete with pop stitching.

Unlike Rubicon models that have MOLLE on the backs of the front seats, the Sahara comes with traditional pockets.

As you can see here, the side pockets have been extended and are now much more usable.

Fresh Catch
    Awesome! Thanks so much for all the coverage and info! Itís really great you guys are giving us such great looks and info.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hooked
    The Wrangler is getting all fancy, looks good

Beautiful. Two questions if you happen to know the answer. Can the top still be removed if you decided to switch to a soft top later? And what are the rear cargo tracks for? I'm not understanding how they would be useful I guess.

Fresh Catch
    Does the new retractable roof open above the second row as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OJK12 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks so much for all the coverage and info! Itís really great you guys are giving us such great looks and info.
    We're so glad that you've been enjoying the coverage. We just hope we're doing a good enough job and cover the things you don't typically see in magazines and other news outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck618 View Post
    The Wrangler is getting all fancy, looks good
    LOL!! It really is and truth be told, we love it

Quote Originally Posted by jolonghorn View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it does. You can kind of see in the photos above that it only covers the cargo area. Also, you can watch a video of it here: https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...g-Top-Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Beautiful. Two questions if you happen to know the answer. Can the top still be removed if you decided to switch to a soft top later? And what are the rear cargo tracks for? I'm not understanding how they would be useful I guess.
    Yes, the hard top "can" be completely removed but it isn't recommended. The tracks have mounts that slide into whatever position that would best allow you to secure rear cargo as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by jolonghorn View Post
    Yes. Here's what it looks like.

The top reminds me of the sandstorm/sandtrooper Jeep (or similar name) that was brought out a few years back. Pretty cool.

Picture after picture I've been really impressed with the R&D that went into the various models.

This will be a nice option for those who want a Jeep to be a pavement princess, nothing wrong with that either, plenty of people out there who will find this as a very nice vehicle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast