What options ?

Piginajeep

So I’ve built this truck a couple times. I finally decided on options. Unless something is crazy priced. Here’s my build.
IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks solid but as mentioned, I would get the cold weather group. I would also ditch the active safety group unless you plan on keeping the factory bumpers.

Piginajeep

Looks solid but as mentioned, I would get the cold weather group. I would also ditch the active safety group unless you plan on keeping the factory bumpers.

Thanks on the safety thing, I didn’t think of that. I’ll definitely get the weather group. Just missed click.

What are you getting ?

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks on the safety thing, I didn’t think of that. I’ll definitely get the weather group. Just missed click.

What are you getting ?

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

I think my build looks about the same as yours only, I'm thinking of doing a black hard top and black fenders this time around. I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with the dual top. ON a Wrangler, I like having a soft top because it's easier to remove and store when wheeling somewhere like the Rubicon but I don't think I'll be using this truck to do what I can already do with my JL.

JTCO

Meme King
I think my build looks about the same as yours only, I'm thinking of doing a black hard top and black fenders this time around.

Are you going with white?

I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with the dual top. ON a Wrangler, I like having a soft top because it's easier to remove and store when wheeling somewhere like the Rubicon but I don't think I'll be using this truck to do what I can already do with my JL.

Same here. I'm only getting the hard top. No soft top for us. It's just not the same as the Wrangler. We'll still take the top off, just no need for a soft top IMO. Also, the truck's hard top has no side windows and is shorter, so it shouldn't be near as cumbersome to move around.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you going with white?

Yup. White has always been our signature color or at least, for a first model year Jeep. Our TJ was white, our XJ was white, Moby is white and so is our JL. :yup:

Same here. I'm only getting the hard top. No soft top for us. It's just not the same as the Wrangler. We'll still take the top off, just no need for a soft top IMO. Also, the truck's hard top has no side windows and is shorter, so it shouldn't be near as cumbersome to move around.

Exactly! I figure the top will be a LOT lighter and easier to remove being that it's so small. Oh, also, as much as I love a manual, there's no way I'd get one over the 8-speed automatic.

Piginajeep

I almost went with the Auto until I drove my wife’s 6 speed compass. I miss the manual to much. I don’t give a shit about speed. I once drove a 4 squirrel TJ and was fine with it. [emoji23]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I almost went with the Auto until I drove my wife’s 6 speed compass. I miss the manual to much. I don’t give a shit about speed. I once drove a 4 squirrel TJ and was fine with it. [emoji23]

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

LOL!! It's not just the speed, it's the power and not having to dick around with a crazy hokie pokie just to run larger tires. You would think there'd be less shit you'd have to deal with on a manual but it's exactly the opposite.

Piginajeep

LOL!! It's not just the speed, it's the power and not having to dick around with a crazy hokie pokie just to run larger tires. You would think there'd be less shit you'd have to deal with on a manual but it's exactly the opposite.

I get the power loss, don’t give two shits. Ummmm

2019 MP
2012 JK8
1958 FC170
1954 M38A1

JTCO

Meme King
Automatic here. I've heard too much good shit about it. Also, my wife hates manual transmissions. She grew up in Seattle traffic with one and said she'll never drive one again, lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately, I have other Jeeps that I can drive that are manuals. For how I intend to use my truck, function needs to take precedence over preference.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - I was just talking to Cindy and about this and wouldn't you know it, she was thinking maybe we should get a manual :cheesy: