Backup camera

Wonderer

I just put new 9 x 17 wheels and 35 inch tires on my JL sport including the spare. My backup camera now is able to see the wheel and constantly alarms as I back up. Is there an adjustment to this or am I going to have to live with this?

MrGiant

The camera alarms when objects are very close? Then I have never been that close to anything yet

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
Giant 2 - '18 JLUR

YAHAHA

I was in a parking lot and was in reverse getting ready to pull out of my parking spot when the lady behind me backed into my Jeep. The alarm never went off. I was thinking this is because I wasn't moving maybe?

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

SouthCo

Does the camera provide the proximity alert or is it the bumper sensors? Do you have the bumper sensors? Wondering if the bumper sensors are now detecting the tire as it sits further out?

IMG_5106.jpg

Last edited:

Saddletramp

I don't think it's your "camera" that's doing it, it would be the bumper sensors. Your tire is now handing down and they are sensing the object from the top.

I don't have any experience with any relocation brackets moving the spare higher since I went with the EVO JL carrier when I went to 37's. It lifts the spare higher and in tighter and I've had no false sensors.